Assignment: Managing risk
Assessment task 1
Develop an action plan to implement an emergency preparedness and response procedure for your facility. The action plan should include a full breakdown of all the tasks to be undertaken, the people responsible and the risk mitigation steps taken along the way.
The exercise is based on the assumption that a full evacuation of the facility is needed.
Choose one of the following scenarios as the foundation to scope your action plan:
• Fire or explosion at your facility
• Extreme power failure
• Major hazardous substance spill
Make sure you provide evidence of the following:
• Clear objectives
• Who is responsible and roles to be allocated in the evacuation process
• Hazard identification
• Risk analysis
• Tools and techniques to identify risks
• Risk treatments
• How you would liaise with all key stakeholders
• Training needs analysis
• Dry run and emergency drill program
• Review of the outcomes, strengths and weaknesses
© FMA 2016
Assessment task 2
Create a portfolio of evidence containing evidence of the following:
• SWMS you have completed and authorised.
• Hazard and injury reports you have completed and authorised.
• A facility risk register.
• A corrective action plan you have developed, implemented, maintained and reviewed.
• A SWOT analysis of an existing risk management plan, such as emergency preparedness, working at heights or manual handling for your facility.
Your various techniques must address the following types of risks:
• Health and Safety
• Insurance risks
4 Assignment: Managing risk
© FMA 2016
Assessment task 3
Conduct a risk assessment for three different potential scenarios in your facility, and establish:
• What controls are in place to manage the risk?
• What is the likelihood of the risk occurring?
• What are the consequences if the risk should occur?
• Major storm, flooding, heavy rainfall or hail.
• The failure of the HVAC system.
• A major piece of plant/machinery failure within the facility.
Write a report looking at the potential scenarios listed above and:
• Provide an executive summery outlining your facility’s overall risk exposure to the potential scenarios above.
• Answer the three questions shown above.
• Develop and complete a risk matrix to determine the level of risk for each
• List the relevant stakeholders and how the risk will affect them.
• Develop a preventative action plan based on your risk analysis findings.
• Develop a risk treatment schedule.
• Include a method or strategy to monitor and review the process.
• Provide a conclusion with key findings.
Assignment: Managing risk 5
© FMA 2016
Assessment task 4
Review the risk management plan for your facility, and present your findings as a report. The report is to be aimed at top management to be used as a tool to promote continuous improvement.
Ensure that you include the following:
• Executive summary.
• Explain the risk context.
• Identify and analyse the risk identification process.
• Explain the risk treatment process.
• Explain the monitoring and review process.
• List critical success factors.
• List the required legislation, Codes of Practice and national standards that must be met for your facility.
• Liaise with stakeholders to obtain information and data.
• Provide recommendations in line with continuous improvement.
6 Assignment: Managing risk
© FMA 2016
Assessment task 5
Develop a risk register for your facility.
Research a range of risk registers.
Adopt and develop or design a template that suits your facility.
The risk register should include not only maintenance issues but environmental issues.
Your risk register should include, but not be limited to the following headings/columns:
• Risk category
• Risk name
• Risk number
• Risk matrix rating
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.