This is a short paper assignment which includes both positive and normative analysis. The topic concerns the possible relationship between state government opening/closing policies and the incidence of COVID-19 infections.
1. Start by reading the article denoted “state openings” in the Coronavirus folder in Files. This will provide some information on the topic, especially different states’ policies. There should be some discussion of this or similar information early in your paper.
2. Access the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Dashboard through this link https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/ (Links to an external site.) You will find a button titled: Timeline of COVID-19 policies, cases, and, deaths in your state. This provides access to the type of interactive graphs we viewed in class. Pick any two states to conduct analysis. Some are more interesting than others. You may also, for extra credit, consider additional states. Observe the data and see what relationships might exist, or not, between opening policy and infection rates. Understand that nothing is conclusive here but you can certainly draw some initial observations. In this section you will discuss this analysis.
3. The data provided is very basic and there may be alternative explanations of infection rates. Discuss these possibilities. You may use outside sources but they are not required. If you do use any you must cite them.
4. Discuss opening/closing policy in terms of the concepts in today’s lecture and Chapters 1 and 2. Scarcity, opportunity costs, trade offs, incentives, etc.
5. Draw some conclusions from all the information you considered in your paper on what you think policies should be. THERE ARE NO RIGHT OR WRONG ANSWERS. There is a wide range of answers. For example you may feel strongly one way or another. Or you might decide there is not yet enough research to inform policy. You are graded on creative thinking and linking this final normative analysis to the positive analysis that comprised the majority of your paper—not on your opinions.
Outside sources are not required but you are encouraged to use them. If you use a source you must cite it. Also paraphrase, don’t direct quote. NO PEDIAS!
Good writing style is stressed. Divide your paper into logical, separate sections The numbers above may suggest a section structure but use whatever you think is best. Delineate sections with subheadings. Use proper paragraph structure and watch spelling and grammar.
I grade on quality not quantity. Normally I might suggest a length. I am not going to here. I want to see your creativity, interest, and knowledge. I want this exercise to be fun and stimulating.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.