Analyze one of the following poems.
Martin Espada – “Litany at the Tomb of Fredrick Douglass”
Elizabeth Bishop – “Exchanging Hats”
Linda Pastan – “To a Daughter Leaving Home”
Paul Dunbar – “Sympathy “Martin Espada – “Of the Threads That Connect the Stars”
William Shakespeare – “Sonnet 18: Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?”
Theodore Roethke – “My Papa’s Waltz”
Write a 500-word analyzing the poem you chose.
· Your essay must adhere to MLA style and formatting guidelines.
· Your essay must contain two to three key literary concepts, referencing how the poet used various literary devices when constructing his or her piece of writing.
· Your essay should NOT use outside sources assisting with the analysis of the poem.
· Your essay should reference the work you are analyzing with proper in-text cites and a works cited page.
· Your essay should be written in third-person point of view.
· Your essay should be written in literary present verb tense.