Read the following fact scenario and write an essay of 750 to 1,000 words that addresses the scenario:
A new defense client, Susan Smith, has been accused by the Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) of violating A.R.S. §28-701(A), A.R.S. §28-855(B), and A.R.S. §28-1382. You have been tasked with researching the statutes and relevant facts.
1. Summarize what violations your client, Susan Smith, has been accused of.
2. Address what sorts of facts may be relevant to determining whether your client was in violation of the law.
3. Address what defenses may be raised based upon the way the statute has been composed.
4. Address how case law may be utilized in Ms. Smith’s case.
5. Assess the short- and long-term effects a statute and case may have on the community.
6. Describe the potential punishments that Ms. Smith may face if she is found in violation of the statutes.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center