Write an essay that describes how you, as an educator, can apply a learner-centered approach to learning and teaching, while being responsive to government policy, cultural and societal changes.
Demonstrate your understanding of:
· a range of Māori perspectives, and historical and political influences, that inform adult teaching and learning in Aotearoa New Zealand
· teaching theories framing Aotearoa New Zealand’s approach to adult teaching and learning
· a learner-centered approach to learning in the knowledge economy
· Māori and Pasifika models of learning and teaching and the impact these have on the design of your programme
· practices and policies that promote inclusive, ethical and professional relationships
· Tertiary Education Commission initiatives that you use to develop the literacy and numeracy skills of your learners.