Chapter Two in the book. Please answer three of the five following questions using complete college level answers. Please indicate which questions you are answers.
1) Explain the difference between general and specific deterrence.
2) Explain “situational crime prevention”.
3) Explain and distinguish between “displacement” and “diffusion”.
4) What is the “broken windows theory”?
5) How does “game theory” relate to private security and give one example from this chapter?
Research a private security “Job Listing” on-line and post it to the discussion board. In your own words, describe the listing and job including: Minimum requirements, trainings, job description, pay, etc.
Chapter Three in the book. Please answer three of the five following questions using complete college level answers.
1) Explain “contractual” security, and the advantages and disadvantages compared to other options for private security.
2) How do the authors define “ethics” and what is its role in private security?
3) Identify three security management issues and why it is important for “non-security” employees to be aware of these issues.
4) How has “globalization” impacted private security?
5) What are some of the techniques a security manager can use to become more culturally aware?
Find a news article or opinion article on-line that involves an area where private security and public law enforcement responsibilities overlap and share it in the discussion board. Give a brief overview of the article and discuss how it relates to the subject matter of what we covered so far. Below is an article from the NYTimes as an example. Some other examples could include cyber-hacking of a private corporation’s credit cards, or a big concert event, etc.