This assignment is from a general biology course. Please use as many academic references as necessary but include citations. AVOID plagiarism at all costs. I am hoping that the person I hire would agree to continue to work with me throughout the rest of the semester. If you have any questions PLEASE contact me, that way we can avoid any time be wasted.
This assignment consists of five questions. Each of your responses should be one or more paragraphs long, depending upon the depth of the question. An answer consisting of only a few short sentences is insufficient, and will receive a poor grade. Be sure to cite any and all sources correctly so that your academic integrity is not called into question.
Copy the following questions and add your answers.
1. Why is evolution is one of the most important major themes of life? How does it explain both of the following characteristics of life on Earth?
the unity of life
the diversity of life
Be sure to include specific examples in your answer.
2. Explain the various reasons why atoms and molecules form chemical bonds and explain the differences between different types of chemical bonds.
3. Why is water so important to living organisms? Be sure to discuss the four emergent properties of water discussed in your textbook.
4. Organic chemistry is an entire discipline devoted to studying carbon compounds. What characteristics of carbon atoms enable them to form into such large complex molecules in living organisms? How do functional groups change the characteristics of organic molecules?
5. Compare the structure of the four major biological macromolecules (carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids) and explain how the distinct structure of each type of molecule enables it to carry out its particular function.