Develop an application paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. Identify and describe Down Syndrome or Trisomy 21
2. Identify the epidemiological trends for Down Syndrome [prevalence rate]
3. Briefly discuss the pathophysiology of Down Syndrome
4. Describe the clinical manifestations of Down Syndrome
5. Discuss the physical presentation of Down Syndrome
6. Discuss the psychosocial presentation of Down Syndrome
7. Discuss how the nurse practitioner will manage patient encounters with patients with limited decision-making capacity and/or limited communication
1. Find a current clinical guideline relevant to Down Syndrome
2. Develop a treatment and management plan for the patient based on Down Syndrome applying clinical guidelines.
3. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 4 to 5 pages excluding the title and reference page.
4. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
5. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
6. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
7. Include a minimum of three (3) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
8. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).