Case: Shimla Dairy Products Private Limited
You will take the role of Dinesh Khanna – the Technical Director of the Dairy. Questions:
1. Using case information describe what you believe Shimla Dairy’s current value-proposition is.
2. Using case information, conduct a PEST analysis of the Indian Cheese Industry, from the perspective of the Indian Cheese Dairies (cheese manufacturers).
3. Using case information, build a simple value-chain of the Indian Cheese industry from the perspective of the Indian dairies (cheese manufacturers), listing the key suppliers, industry players and buyers.
4. Using your answer for #3, course content and case information, conduct a Porter’s 5-Forces Analysis of the Indian Cheese Industry. For each of the five forces identify whether each force is (low, medium or high) and your rationale for this. For example – if you say that Buyer Power is high – you need to also explain WHY by providing proof-points for your answer.
5. Based on your industry analysis above, explain whether you feel Shimla Dairy needs to acquire its key suppliers, or not, as part of a 3-year strategic plan.For more information on Industry Analysis check out this:https://www.encyclopedia.com/entrepreneurs/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/industry-analysis