Read the questions before you watch the film so that you will know what to look for while you watch. Complete the assignment by answering each question in paragraph form Answers need to be complete and comprehensive, demonstrating that you paid thoughtful attention to the program. All responses should be in complete sentences using proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. You may use your text, the CDC or WHO website, or other reputable sources in your responses References should be cited in text and listed in APA format on a separate page. Group viewing is allowed but responses to the questions must be individualized.
Each response is worth 5 points. Appropriate depth and breadth is expected to earn available points.
1. Who were the vulnerable populations in the movie? Discuss how each group was impacted by their lack of resources.
2. Define isolation and quarantine. Discuss the instances of each seen in the movie.
3. Define the four phases of disaster response. Describe the interventions implemented or discussed in each phase.
4. Define pandemic. Does the scenario in the movie qualify as a pandemic – explain your answer.
5. In this film, the people from the Chinese village took the law into their own hands in their attempts to survive. Discuss the ethical and legal implications of their actions.
6. One of the characters gave a female relative advance notice to leave a town infected with the virus. Discuss the ethical and legal dilemmas posed by this action. Include thoughts of how you might respond in a similar situation.
7. Discuss your thoughts of the nurse strike. Discuss the ethical and legal issues associated with the strike.
8. Who should get the vaccine first in a pandemic situation like the one in the movie? Discuss the effectiveness and fairness of the process used in the movie. For more information read:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contagious_(film)