1. Submit Six scholarly articles supporting your dilemma
– A dilemma is a choice of two options that by taking one option the effects on the other choice becomes worse. “Clearly identify the dilemmas and choices.” This point is often overlooked with this assignment.
– The proposal needs to present aviation issues, not a single or an individual instance.
– Someone breaking the law, policy, code or regulation is most likely an “individual problem with enforcement” and not always a dilemma, so research this approach well and make sure.
– Research historical organizational dilemmas, you will find many social dilemmas do affect aviation.
– Completion of this assignment is required to move on to the next phase of your term paper, the due date has been moved to Sunday, on Monday this assignment will be graded as late.
2. This assignment, due Friday, will be to research and analyze six scholarly articles supporting a dilemma – Be prepared to defend your proposal within this research.
Full bibliographic APA citation: the necessary and complete bibliographical information i.e. (author, title, publisher and date, etc.),
Author’s background: the name, authority, experience, or qualifications of the author.
Purpose of the work: the reasons why the author wrote the work
Scope of the work: the breadth or depth of coverage and topics or sub-topics covered.
Main argument: State the main informative points of the paper
Audience: For whom was it written (general public, subject specialists, student?
Methodology: What methodology and research methods did the work employ?
Viewpoint: What is the author’s perspective or approach (school of thought, etc.)? E.g., an unacknowledged bias, or any undefended assumptions?
Sources: Does the author cite other sources, and if so, what types? Is it based on the author’s own research? Is it a personal opinion?
Reliability of the source: How reliable is the work?
Conclusion: What does the author conclude about the work? Is the conclusion justified by the work?
Features: Any significant extras, e.g. visual aids (charts, maps, etc.), reprints of source documents, an annotated bibliography?
Strengths and Weaknesses: What are the strengths and weaknesses of the work?
Comparison: How does the source relate to other works done by other writers on the topic: does it agree or disagree with another author or a particular school of thought; are there other works which would support or dispute it?
Voice / Personal Conclusion: Provide an opinion of the work or a reaction to the source based on other available works, prior knowledge of the subject matter or knowledge pools done by other researchers.
The annotations for each source are written in paragraph form.
The lengths of the annotations can vary significantly from a couple of sentences to a couple of pages.
The length of each annotation should be between 200 and 500 words.
However, when writing an extensive analysis of each source, more space may be needed.
A few paragraphs of how the work fits into a larger paper will be needed for the paper draft due 15 Nov
My topic: UAV pilots destroy countries and when their shift is over they get to go home to their family.
Dilemma: Psychological, PTSD, “Snipper” Syndrome
Being a pilot for an unmanned aircraft vehicle (UAV) means that the pilot is not sitting in the cockpit of the plane. Instead, the pilot is controlling the vehicle from a control room which is miles away from them. The pilots that are controlling the drones are performing deadly work by destroying countries and then going home to their families after the shift is over. Although they might go home to their family, pilots take the trauma that comes with the job back home.
HERE ARE MY SCHOLARLY SOURCES: