Effects of Surgical Flume or Bovie Smoke
The purpose of this paper will be to evaluate the effects and potential effects of surgical flume or bovie smoke in the operating rooms. here is the rubric. I will attach the rubric in its entirety. (I actually have a paper from a previous student that will make it very simple if needed) The paper doesn’t have to be a set # of pages it just needs all the questions in the rubric answered. COMPETENCIES 7000.1.1 : Evaluating Comprehensive Literature Reviews The graduate evaluates comprehensive literature reviews for historical context, completeness, applicability, reliability, organization, and quality of information sources. 7000.1.7 : Translation of Research in Evidence-Based Practice The graduate interprets evidence and evaluates its applicability to nursing practice. INTRODUCTION One of the key roles of the master’s-prepared nurse is to lead practice change across the full spectrum of healthcare settings. Master’s-prepared nurses must be able to translate the existing body of knowledge around a phenomenon of interest (accessible through published research studies) to inform decision making related to nursing practice. REQUIREMENTS No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide. Professional Communications is a required aspect to pass this task. Completion of a spell check and grammar check prior to submitting your final work is strongly recommended. You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Identify a current nursing practice within your healthcare setting that requires change. Note: You can describe your setting without identifying it by name and begin to introduce the specific problem that you will be addressing.
1. Describe the current nursing practice. Note: Describe the current practice and what may be wrong with the current practice that is resulting in the identified problem.
2. Discuss why the current nursing practice needs to be changed.
B. Identify the key stakeholders within your healthcare setting who are part of the current nursing practice.
1. Describe the role each identified key stakeholder will play to support the proposed practice change. Note: These are the individuals who will make up the team to plan, implement and evaluate the change.
C. Create an evidence critique table (see “Sample Evidence Critique Table”). Note: Insert your evidence critique table into your paper. 1. Identify five sources from scholarly peer-reviewed journals, which adhere to the following standards:
a. Each source must be published within the past five years.
b. Each source must relate to the change identified in part A.
c. Each source must be listed in the table using APA format.
2. Identify the evidence strength of each chosen source, using the Strength of Evidence information in the study plan.
3. Identify the evidence hierarchy of each chosen source, using the Evidence Hierarchy information in the study plan. D. Develop an evidence summary based on the findings from part C that includes each of the five sources used (suggested length of 1–2 pages for all sources). Note: Create one well developed paragraph for each article which includes the purpose, methods or study design, results or conclusions and how the article supports the practice change recommendation. E. Recommend a specific best practice based on the evidence summary developed in part D. F. Identify a practice change model that is appropriate to apply to the proposed practice change. Note: Identify the model that you have chosen and give a brief description of how it is generally used. 1. Justify why you chose the practice change model and how it is relevant to the proposed practice change. 2. Explain how to apply the identified model to guide the implementation of the proposed practice change. Note: Clearly articulate how the model will be used to guide change and address each step individually and with specific detail. G. Discuss possible barriers to successful implementation of the proposed practice change. H. Discuss any possible ethical implications that may arise while planning or implementing the proposed practice change.
Note: Describe which ethical principle(s) or ANA Code of Ethics provision(s) speaks to, or supports, your practice change and why. I. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format. Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies