Evidence-Based Practice & Research Assignment for Occupational Therapy
It’s been 25 years since I have written in APA. Grading criteria below.
Please look over my paper and make sure I have used correct formatting (commas, quotation marks, and references) and have all grammar and spelling correct. Also, check if the flow of the paper is readable.
If need be look up the article to see if it makes sense but that’s more than I am looking for.
Part A: Read and review a scholarly article, Fear of Falling and Its Relationship with Anxiety, Depression, and Activity Engagement Among Community-Dwelling Older Adults, (Painter, et al, 2012). This article is a separate attachment (pdf) to this assignment in Sakai.
1. Cite the article in correct APA format.
2. Write a one to two paragraph summary of the article. The abstract or opening information on the first page, is a good place to start, as it provides important details about the research and the article. You must change the wording into your own words, not just copy it over. That would be plagiarism! Include what the research was investigating, what methodology was used, and what they found out. Use objective writing skills, complete sentences and 3rd person voice in this summary.
3. Write a paragraph listing the limitations of the study, if any are listed by the authors. (full sentences, etc).
4. Write a paragraph listing the implications of the results of the study for OT practice. Put them in your own words. (full sentences, etc)
5. List any future research recommended by the study authors. (full sentences, etc.)
6. After reading this article, write a short paragraph comparing scholarly articles to those that can be found in popular magazines, and stating why OT professionals must use scholarly sources instead of popular ones for best practice.
Part B: Use one of the Library electronic database resources to locate further information.
On the college website, go to the library page:
1. Click on Articles, Journals & Databases
2. Choose one of the database tools to use. A good one is CINAHL Plus with Full Text, which is the first one on the list of popular databases on the right side of the screen.
3. You may use any database that you want, but be sure it’s one that includes allied health resources or you’ll have trouble finding a related article.
4. On the home screen of the database, enter the terms you want to search for. For example, you might type in ‘falls risks and OT’, to find an additional article on the topic of falls risk, fear of falling, fall risk assessment, or a similar topic directly related to the article you reviewed (not depression). Scan the list of articles that your search produces and select one that was published in the last 5 years and has an OT focus or implications for OT practice (avoid articles that seem oriented to another discipline like nursing, medicine, pharmaceutical management, etc). List the words you used to search for the article.
5. Cite the reference for the additional article you chose using correct APA format.
6. Read the abstract for the article and write a sentence or two explaining how it relates to OT practice, or what you would hope to learn from reading it.
7. This assignment is due at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 8th. Please submit this assignment only through Sakai Assignments. You can review the plagiarism check (Turnitin) after submitting it and revise your work if you need to, then resubmit it before the deadline.
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) & Research Assignment Grading Criteria
For the original article:
_____ (5) Cite it correctly in APA format, including DOI
____ (35) Summary of the article
____ (10) Limitations of the study are correctly cited
____ (10) Implications of the results of the study for OT practice are listed in your own words
____ (10) Future research recommended by the study authors is cited in your own words
____ (10) Paragraph comparing scholarly and popular articles makes valid points
For the second article:
____ (5) Search phrases used in the database to find another article
____ (5) Second article is correctly cited in APA format, including DOI
____ (10) Relevance of second article to OT practice/your interest in it as an OT practitioner is clear
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies