It’s been 25 years since I have written in APA. Grading criteria below.
Please look over my paper and make sure I have used correct formatting (commas, quotation marks, and references) and have all grammar and spelling correct. Also, check if the flow of the paper is readable.
If need be look up the article to see if it makes sense but that’s more than I am looking for.
Part A: Read and review a scholarly article, Fear of Falling and Its Relationship with Anxiety, Depression, and Activity Engagement Among Community-Dwelling Older Adults, (Painter, et al, 2012). This article is a separate attachment (pdf) to this assignment in Sakai.
1. Cite the article in correct APA format.
2. Write a one to two paragraph summary of the article. The abstract or opening information on the first page, is a good place to start, as it provides important details about the research and the article. You must change the wording into your own words, not just copy it over. That would be plagiarism! Include what the research was investigating, what methodology was used, and what they found out. Use objective writing skills, complete sentences and 3rd person voice in this summary.
3. Write a paragraph listing the limitations of the study, if any are listed by the authors. (full sentences, etc).
4. Write a paragraph listing the implications of the results of the study for OT practice. Put them in your own words. (full sentences, etc)
5. List any future research recommended by the study authors. (full sentences, etc.)
6. After reading this article, write a short paragraph comparing scholarly articles to those that can be found in popular magazines, and stating why OT professionals must use scholarly sources instead of popular ones for best practice.
Part B: Use one of the Library electronic database resources to locate further information.
On the college website, go to the library page:
1. Click on Articles, Journals & Databases
2. Choose one of the database tools to use. A good one is CINAHL Plus with Full Text, which is the first one on the list of popular databases on the right side of the screen.
3. You may use any database that you want, but be sure it’s one that includes allied health resources or you’ll have trouble finding a related article.
4. On the home screen of the database, enter the terms you want to search for. For example, you might type in ‘falls risks and OT’, to find an additional article on the topic of falls risk, fear of falling, fall risk assessment, or a similar topic directly related to the article you reviewed (not depression). Scan the list of articles that your search produces and select one that was published in the last 5 years and has an OT focus or implications for OT practice (avoid articles that seem oriented to another discipline like nursing, medicine, pharmaceutical management, etc). List the words you used to search for the article.
5. Cite the reference for the additional article you chose using correct APA format.
6. Read the abstract for the article and write a sentence or two explaining how it relates to OT practice, or what you would hope to learn from reading it.
7. This assignment is due at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 8th. Please submit this assignment only through Sakai Assignments. You can review the plagiarism check (Turnitin) after submitting it and revise your work if you need to, then resubmit it before the deadline.
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) & Research Assignment Grading Criteria
For the original article:
_____ (5) Cite it correctly in APA format, including DOI
____ (35) Summary of the article
____ (10) Limitations of the study are correctly cited
____ (10) Implications of the results of the study for OT practice are listed in your own words
____ (10) Future research recommended by the study authors is cited in your own words
____ (10) Paragraph comparing scholarly and popular articles makes valid points
For the second article:
____ (5) Search phrases used in the database to find another article
____ (5) Second article is correctly cited in APA format, including DOI
____ (10) Relevance of second article to OT practice/your interest in it as an OT practitioner is clear
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.