The Vietnam War is the most controversial war in American history. It is the only war that America “lost.” The price to pay was incomprehensible in terms of human cost. About 55,000 US soldiers died and about 1.5 to 2 million Vietnamese. Me and my family lived in north Vietnam, the traditionally communist part under Ho Chi Minh. I was shocked to not find a single individual who hated Americans. In fact they were the most friendly people we had met towards Americans. is should not have been the case. At my daughters’ school they went on a field trip and saw hundreds of children who are suffering from genetic defects today because of US bombing with napalm and agent orange. In this documentary you will meet Robert McNamara. He was a man considered a genius, and he was put in charge of the war. By his own measure he is a war criminal. Watch this documentary and pluck the wisdom from him and try to learn something that will enrich you..
1. First study this link (Links to an external site.) which is a summary of the documentary and a highlight of key terms.
2. Watch the full documentaryLinks to an external site.. It is almost 2 hours long. There is much about human nature and also the way that nations behave in a geopolitical sense. In the end humans run countries though.
3. Your discussion submission will answer the following questions:
1) Do one of McNamara’s 11 life lessons appeal to you more than the others? Select one to discuss it in further detail. Why did you pick it? Why does it appeal to you?
2) Do you agree with McNamara’s view that “In order to do good, you may have to engage in evil?” Can you provide an example of this in your own life? Or do you think that humans could find a way to eradicate all evil from our lives, and live in complete harmony?
3) The fog of war is the concept that we experience uncertainty in our own capabilities during a military campaign. Are there other situations in life when one may experience “the fog of…”? Discuss this concept and how it may be applied elsewhere.
4) When Morris asked McNamara: “When you talk about the responsibility for something like the Vietnam War, whose responsibility is it?” McNamara responded: “It’s the president’s responsibility.” Do you agree? Do you think that McNamara felt remorse over the decisions he made and felt more responsible than he let on?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.