You need to address the following 6 sections in a cohesive paper.
1. You have taken several self-assessments during your exploration of the book, invitations to insight, and inventories exam. Pick five (5) assessments from the groups below. Explain what the assessment indicated about you and how those characteristics would influence your communication during a conflict.
I. Inventories exam (pick two (2) from this group)
• Myers-Briggs (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp and http://typelogic.com.html)
• Mind Style Estimator
• “What’s YOUR Learning Style?”
II. Invitations to insight (pick two (2) from this group)
• Communication Skills Inventory
•. Your Self Esteem
• Exploring Your Biases
• Measuring Your EQ
III. Book (there is only one in this section, so you must choose it 🙂
• Self-Monitoring Inventory
2. Explain how your personal background influences the way you communicate. Include four (4) of the aspects of background from the list below in your explanation AND illustrate your explanation with a personal example.
o Social status
3. Based on your discussion above, explain how your communication habits influence your communication during a conflict. Use all three (3) aspects below in your discussion AND illustrate your explanation with a personal example.
o Ethical approach (categorical imperative, ethic of care, golden mean, significant choice, utilitarianism)
o Self-monitoring (pg. 69, a hard copy is in the book)
o Empathy (Assessing Your Communication Skills (pg. 26))
4. We learned about models of communication in our first Module. In thinking back to Module One, why would you find one of the models listed below more useful than others? How does your chosen model help you to understand more clearly the skills you bring to negotiation of interpersonal communication?
(You should use one of the models from module one (chapter 1) in your discussion.)
• Linear Model
• Transactional Model
• Pragmatic Model
5. Analyze and discuss the tools you use to negotiate during interpersonal communication.
• What is your listening style?
• What did you learn about your listening skills based on the listening problems checklist and Dr. Orman’s keys to better listening? This link will direct you to Dr. Orman’s keys to better listening (http://www.stresscure.com/relation/7keys.html).
o We send messages that are both intentional and unintentional through verbal and non-verbal channels. What have you learned about your communication habits as they relate to intentional meanings? Unintentional meanings? Discuss both in terms of verbal AND non-verbal messages.
6. We looked at psychological barriers to communication in Module One. Module Two introduces physical and physiological barriers. In your personal and professional life, analyze and discuss the physical AND physiological barriers you encounter during communication. What tools will you use to negotiate these barriers?
(25 total elements required for Module 2 project paper. Please BOLD ALL ELEMENTS.)
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies