Over the course of the summer session, I am assigning two independent papers. This is the second of those. You will be writing on ONE of the books assigned during the final four weeks of the course: Aeschylus’ Oresteia Trilogy OR J.M. Coetzee’s Waiting for the Barbarians. Read through the paper prompt below carefully and take note of the due dates. Also, make sure you read through the “How to Write a Good English 1C Paper” sections of the Week 1, Week 2, and Week 5 learning modules- there is a wealth of helpful info on how to put together a paper like this. In addition, try to set up an online tutoring session with the PCC Writing Support Center at least once during the writing process.
English 1C: Textual Analysis w/ Additional Source
For the final independent paper of the summer session, I have kept it at the same length as the first paper (1200 words) and am only requiring 1 scholarly outside source. I realize the pace of these short session classes is ridiculously fast, and have tried to help makes things a little more manageable by cutting back the assignments in the class a bit.
For this paper, you will choose one of the assigned books, Aeschylus’ Oresteia Trilogy OR J.M. Coetzee’s Waiting for the Barbarians, and write an extended analysis of passages from the text in response to one of the prompt topics:
1) In Aeschylus’ Oresteia Trilogy, how do some of the female characters challenge the gender stereotype portraying women as driven by emotions and irrationality? What are the plays suggesting by showing women as driven by reason and forethought as much, or even more, than the male characters? Focus only on one or two characters such as Clytemnestra, Athena, the Furies, Iphigenia, Cassandra, or any others.
2) In Aeschylus’ Oresteia Trilogy, how does the vengeance model of justice influence the events preceding and taking place in the first two plays, “Agamemnon,” and “Libation Bearers”? In what ways is the rational model of justice introduced in the third play, “Eumenides,” both rational and irrational?
3) In J.M. Coetzee’s Waiting for the Barbarians, both the girl and the Magistrate suffer mental and physical forms of torture and then are “restored” to their previous lives- the girl is returned to her people and at the end of the novel, the Magistrate is once again in charge of the settlement. How is the girl marked or changed by her torture, and how, if at all, is the Magistrate marked or changed by his torture?
4) At one point in J.M. Coetzee’s Waiting for the Barbarians, the Magistrate says, “I was the lie that Empire tells itself when times are easy, he [Colonel Joll] the truth that Empire tells when harsh winds blow” (156). To what extent are the Magistrate and Colonel Joll similar and in what ways are they different? What is the novel suggesting by comparing these two characters?
Instructions: Compose a paper of AT LEAST 1200 words that includes an introductory paragraph (including a thesis statement as its last sentence) and enough body paragraphs to meet the assignment’s minimum word count requirement. Paragraphs should be 5-8 sentences long or 3/4-1 page long. You must include at least one quote in each body paragraph (quotes are not needed in intro and conclusion paragraphs). In addition, you need to include at least one quote from a scholarly article. I highly suggest you review the materials in Learning Module 5.2 for advice on how to select and use scholarly sources. Include a Works Cited list at the end of your essay (I will provide the citations for the books and a generic citation for a scholarly article). Strive to be as grammatically correct as possible and to write clear, logical sentences. This requires a lot revising / editing / proofreading
Guidelines: Papers must be at least 1200 words, entirely double-spaced, properly formatted (MLA), 12′ Times New Roman font, paragraphs indented, no extra space between paragraphs
1) Follow my directions! Ignoring the guidelines described in this prompt will greatly decrease your ability to do well on this major assignment
2) Avoid waiting until the last minute to do this assignment. The two independent papers are critical for you to develop your skills as a writer, and they are a large portion of your overall grade. Devote as much time as possible on this paper
3) Be sure to email me with any questions or difficulties and utilize the Writing Support Center’s online tutoring sessions.
4) Do not plagiarize! This paper will be submitted to Turnitin.com, so if you plagiarize, it will be discovered and will will get a zero on the assignment, which will make it hard to pass the course with a C
*** There is no re-write option for this paper, as I am going to give as much time as possible to work on this
Final Draft Due Thursday, July 30, 11:59pm
This assignment is worth 20% (200 points) of your course grade
Why Choose Us
At Acme Writers, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Acme Writers, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
Acme Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Acme Writers maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, Acme Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: support@Acme Writers.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
Acme Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At Acme Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Acme Writers, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Acme Writers has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
Acme Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.