Administration and Supervision Assignments | Essay Help Services
Discussion posts prior to Midterm:
1.organizational behavior and management thinking
2. Discussion health care marketing and quality improvement
3. Information technology and financing health care and health insurance.
Written Assignment: Journal Article Review – Due June 19
Instructions: Find a peer-reviewed article from a professional journal on a health care management topic of special interest to you and also related to one of the topics covered in this course prior to Mid-Term. The article should be published in a peer-reviewed professional journal on the topic assigned. Refer to the features of a peer-reviewed journal handout provided in this module.
Your assignment is to read the article, then critically analyze it and write a review of the article, following the guidelines provided in the handouts. Note that you will not just be summarizing the article, you will be analyzing the quality and relevance of the information provided and the presentation of the article by the author. Many students write excellent summaries but never actually critique and analyze the article. Your Review should start with a summary of the article, but the majority of your paper should be YOUR review of the article.
You will be submitting a 3-4 page, approximately 1000 words, formally written Journal Article Review. In addition to the 3-4 page review of the article, your paper should have a cover page and a reference page. It should be typed in 12 font, double-spaced and properly formatted. Refer to Library resources listed below for APA formatting guidelines. Review the handouts provided before starting your review. The attached guidelines and sample format will help you to help you develop your paper. Review the rubric to determine how your review will be graded.
Your Journal Article Review will be evaluated based upon:
• appropriate article selection
• appropriate format, length and style
• proper grammar, spelling and articulate writing
• a well-organized discussion of the major points of the article
• a discussion of your thoughts and opinions
• a discussion of the relevance to your own profession
• what you learned from the article
Use the attached Journal Article Review grading rubric as a guide to make sure that you are meeting the expected requirements. A helpful article on “How to Review a Journal Article” is also attached to assist you. The Cardiopulmonary Sciences LibGuide , Radiologic and Imaging Sciences LibGuide and Valencia’s Library offer research and writing resources that may be helpful. There is also librarian assistance available if needed.
http://valenciacollege.edu/library/Links to an external site.
http://libguides.valenciacollege.edu/CardiopulmonaryLinks to an external site.Links to an external site.
https://libguides.valenciacollege.edu/RadiologicImagingLinks to an external site.
Here’s a good guide to help you determine if the professional journal article that you’ve selected is peer-reviewed:
From: http://guides.lib.jjay.cuny.edu/ Links to an external site.
Features of a Peer-Reviewed Article
When you are determining whether or not the article your found is a peer-reviewed article, you should consider the following questions:
• Is the journal in which you found the article published or sponsored by a professional scholarly society, professional association, or university academic department? Does it describe itself as a peer-reviewed publication? (To know that, check the journal’s website).
• Did you find a citation for it in one of the databases that includes scholarly publications? Read the database description to see if it includes scholarly publications.
• Did you limit your search to scholarly or peer-reviewed publications?
• Is there an abstract (summary) at the beginning of the article?
• Is the tone of the article thoughtful, restrained and serious?
• Does the article have footnotes or citations of other sources?
• Does the article have a bibliography or list of references at the end?
• Are the author’s credentials listed?
• Is the topic of the article narrowly focused and explored in depth?
• Is the article based on either original research or authorities in the field (as opposed to personal opinion)?
• Is the article written for readers with some prior knowledge of the subject?
• If your field is natural or health sciences, is the article divided into sections with headings such as those listed below?
• Theory or Background
• Discussion • Literature review
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies