An Epidemic in the Community Essays | Online Homework Help
To prepare for this week’s assignment, visit the CDC Wonder site in this week’s resources. Investigate the incidence and prevalence of TB in your community ( Charlotte County Fl.) What information did you find? Analyze how your community compares to the county, state, or national data for the same topic. Was the incidence and prevalence of each higher or lower than you expected?
Consider the following scenario: This is Debbie’s first year working as a nurse at the local health department in a rural county. Most of her days are spent in the clinic seeing clients who often do not have health insurance.
Over the past month, Debbie has noticed that several young Hispanic men have come to the health department, each diagnosed with tuberculosis. Debbie is concerned about what the outbreak of tuberculosis among the migrant workers could mean for the community. Through a community health profile, Debbie identifies the group of migrant farm workers as being at highest risk for contracting tuberculosis.
Using the Epidemiologic Triangle concept, consider the relationship among causal agents, susceptible persons, and environmental factors. Then, respond to the following:
· As a community health nurse, what steps should Debbie take next?
· Considering economic and social considerations within the community, what are the primary, secondary, and tertiary interventions that Debbie might use in managing this outbreak?
· Can similar interventions be applied to your community and its TB prevalence?
· What considerations need to be addressed within your community that is different from Debbie’s community?
Support your response with references from the professional nursing literature.
This should be a 5-paragraph (at least 550 words) response. Be sure to use evidence from the readings and include in-text citations. Utilize essay-level writing practice and skills, including the use of transitional material and organizational frames.
Avoid quotes; paraphrase to incorporate evidence into your own writing. A reference list is required.
Use the most current evidence (usually ≤ 5 years old).
Stanhope, M., & Lancaster, J. (2016). Public health nursing: Population-centered health care in the community (9th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
· Chapter 10, “Environmental Health” (pp. 217–241)
· Chapter 12, “Epidemiology” (pp. 256–285)
· Chapter 13, “Infectious Disease Prevention and Control” (pp. 286–318)
· Chapter 14, “Communicable and Infectious Disease Risks” (pp. 319–341)
· Chapter 18, “Community as Client: Assessment and Analysis” (pp. 396–421)
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies