ANT328 – CRITICAL THINKING Assignments | Get Paper Help
Please read each question very carefully and choose **one** to answer. Make sure to answer ALL parts of the question. PLEASE DOUBLE SPACE. It makes it VERY hard to read if it’s single spaced. Please follow normal academic conventions regarding formatting. Use Times New Roman font, 12 point. Spelling, grammar and presentation are expected to be of the very highest standard. You will lose significant marks for not following this expectation. Every single answer should have both an introduction and a conclusion. Each argument is usually separated by a new paragraph. PLEASE capitalize the first letter of every sentence. Proofread, Proofread ,Proofread.
1) Can you think of examples that show the ‘Orient’ as ‘Other’? As ‘strange’, ‘exotic’, ‘different’, ‘inferior’. Think of examples from your own life, from media including film, news, the internet, art etc. Give at least three arguments with clear statements/facts and examples.
2) What do you think Said meant when he says that the Orient “was almost a European invention”? Give at least three arguments with clear statements/facts and examples.
3) Why would a “representation” of the Orient have a “privileged communal significance… for the West”? What does “representation” mean in this sentence? What does “privileged” mean when used in this way? Make at least three arguments with clear statements/facts and examples.
4) Three conceptual elements that comprise Orientalism: they are a) Orientalist, b) Essentialism and c) Representation.
Representations can never be completely accurate; representations are necessarily selective and subjective. Representations create a new reality. Discuss this statement in relation to Orientalism as well as in how it is used in modern media. Give at least three arguments with clear statements/facts and examples.
5) Edward Said’s arguments are still very valid today. His arguments about ‘essentialism’, ‘representation’ and ‘Orientalism’ all relate to the idea of ‘The Other’. How do his arguments manifest themselves in what is happening in the world today? Not just in relation to ‘Orientalism’, but in relation to ‘The Other’? Give at least three arguments with clear statements/facts and examples.
6) ‘The identification of Orientalist discourse allows its critics to understand how the production of knowledge itself is a marker of the power exerted by the West over the Orient’. How does this power assert itself today in relation to today and to race and inequality outside of the ‘Orient’? Give at least three arguments with clear statements/facts and examples.
– i upload the rubric for this assignmant
– i upload our reading material *edward said*, can use as a reference. Also i upload ppt from our doctor and her notes.
– please use simple english words ((easy to understand)).
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: An (A) grade means you have made excellent use and understanding of readings and a rigorous effort with your analysis and writing and that you have demonstrated clear arguments supported by facts and examples. Original thinking is present. The student’s style and rhetoric are well thought out. An A paper does not summarize. An A paper does NOT just cut and paste ideas. For all intents and purposes, this is an piece of persuasive and expository writing, one that presents an argument with supporting statements and claims, some of which will be supported by research. The writing of an A paper is unified and cohesive. Transitions are clear. Your research is what you already know and our readings in class. The examples you use are clear, specific, and plausible. The A paper takes the relationship between form and content seriously. The A paper is not an easy task. It is not just about being a good student or ‘working hard’, but it’s about taking risks with your own thinking and analysis. There is demonstration of mastery of your material.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies