Antigone Paper Assignment
Write a multi-paragraph essay on the assignment below. For this assignment you need to include
• textual evidence (include short quotes from the play)
• 4 academic outside sources (no googled websites)
• proper parentheticals*
• works cited page
Write an essay that argues who is the tragic hero in the play: Antigone or Creon? You do not need to discuss every quality, just enough to make your argument.
• The intro paragraph should introduce the author and title, include Aristotle’s theory of tragedy, and end with a thesis statement that answers the question. You will be discussing one character, not both.
• Build each body paragraph with 1 or 2 tragic hero qualities your chosen character possesses.
• Your topic sentences should announce what quality or qualities you will be discussing in that paragraph.
• Include the outside academic (no web sites) sources to support your arguments, not make your arguments.
• In your concluding paragraph, discuss why you didn’t choose the other character.
• Construct a formal works cited page. So, including the play itself, there will be 5 entries on your works cited page. (See page 237 in your textbook.) You may craft it yourself, as some students prefer, or use NoodleTools, as others prefer.
• For this paper assignment, you MUST either go to the Learning Center to review your paper with a tutor at any point in the writing process, or consult with the online tutor.
• Plays are cited by Scene and Line number in the parenthetical, NOT author’s last name (Sc 1 Lns 12-15). If there are only line numbers, then that’s what you use: (line 43).
Research resource to avoid:
reviews and summaries
Facts on File
Try to access literary resources for a scholarly literary analysis:
Literary Resource Center
Literary Reference Center
1. Demonstrate knowledge of individual and collaborative research processes.
2. Develop ideas and synthesize primary and secondary sources within focused academic arguments, including one or more research-based essays.
3. Analyze, interpret, and evaluate a variety of texts for the ethical and logical uses of evidence.
4. Write in a style that clearly communicates meaning, builds credibility, and inspires belief or action.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies