1. Select an argumentative topic to research. This should be something that you are deeply passionate about or that has a direct relationship to your life. The best essays are always the ones from students who really care about their topics. Avoid topics that are too broad or vague, such as marijuana legalization. Often a topic that “has a lot of information” might be a very challenging topic because there is too much to sift through. Also, avoid topics that might be too emotion driven, such as animal abuse or abortion. Instead, find something specific that is already a part of your life or a passion you have. The unique topics make the best essays.
2. In a 1-2 page paper, propose your planned argumentative topic. The proposal should begin with a 1-2 paragraph summary of the topic you are planning to research for the final essay. Present which side you plan to argue in favor of, your main supporting points, and examples of counterarguments that the opposing side might have. Conclude by stating why you are the person that should write this essay and reasons the reader should care about the topic.
3. Revise the proposal as necessary. For this assignment, you may resubmit it as many times as necessary to get approval for your topic. Although you may change your opinion and thesis statement, you will be required to stay with the topic in the proposal for the remainder of the semester. Once your proposal is approved, any assignments on a different topic will be rejected.
The essay will be scored out of 10 points on the following merits:
• Content: The essay proposes a topic that has a clear argument. No research should be included at this point. Instead, the essay will include what the author plans to write about, including the claim, main points, counterclaim, and personal relationship with the topic.
• Structure & Organization: This essay should be written as a proposal. It should be in first person point-of-view discussing the intended plan for the longer essay.
• MLA Format: The essay should follow basic MLA format.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies