Once an idea has matured to the point that there is a clear understanding about the organizational and financial impact, there is typically a need to request resources to bring the idea to reality. This is typically done by submitting a budget request in the hopes of getting the idea on the budget, meaning there is organizational commitment to move forward with the idea by planning to allocate necessary resources. This commitment implies that the expenditure aligns with organizational objectives and the financial position of the organization.
In this assignment, you will analyse financial statements to determine the financial health of an organization. You will use this assessment as part of a final healthcare budget request.
• Reflect on the previous Healthcare Budget Request assignment submissions, including your executive summary, your Expense/Revenue/ROI Analysis, your estimated budget, and your ratio analysis. (Learning Resource 4 and 4a)
• Review the Sample Financial Statements document in the Resources and reflect on the financial information conveyed by these statements.
• If possible, secure copies of your healthcare organization’s income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. Consult with your internal financial counselor on this, as needed.
Finalize your Healthcare Budget Request by completing the following:
Part 1: Financial Statement Analysis:
Open your Healthcare Budget Request Workbook (Learning Resource 8 and 8a) that you created in the previous Assignment and navigate to the “A6 Financial Statement Analysis” worksheet.
• Using the Healthcare Budget Request Workbook Step-by-Step Guide for guidance (Learning Resource 5), conduct analyses as directed on either your organization’s financial statements or those provided in the Sample Financial Statements document. Your analysis will include spreadsheet calculation of financial statement ratios. You may use data from your organization, HealthWays Clinic, Income Statement, FY 2018 (Learning Resource 9), or the Good Samaritan Hospital data provided (Learning Resource 6). Previous students have told me the HealthWays Clinic, Income Statement, FY 2018 is the easiest to interpret. It is up to you to decide.
Part 2: Summary of Analyses and Interpretation of Results:
Create a brief (1-2 page) description of your analyses. *Be sure to address the following in your summary:
• Describe the results of each statement analysis. What do the results of each analysis mean?
• What does your complete financial statement analysis suggest about the financial health of the organization?
• If using your current organization’s data, does your analysis help describe any observed organizational behaviors or actions? Explain.
• What assumptions have you made in your analyses?
• What implications do these analyses have for your proposed healthcare product or service?
• *I would use these questions to make headings in my analyses.
Part 3: Summary of Work and Final Healthcare Budget Request
• Compile and summarize your work in previous assignments. You may choose to should use the Healthcare Budget Request Template, located in the Resources, or create a format of your own. Your final Healthcare Budget Request should include:
• A final version of your Executive Summary
• A final version of your projected expenses and revenues
• A product/service budget for the launch and the first 5 years
• A summary of financial and SWOT analyses that you conducted, including your interpretation of the results
• A 3- to 5-slide PowerPoint presentation containing the final version of your elevator speech, incorporating selling points from your analyses that you believe make the business case for nurse entrepreneurship and leadership’s commitment to your proposed healthcare product or service. *Remember, this is a short PPT with your summary followed by your Elevator Speech. Please read your elevator speech out loud and time it not to exceed 60 seconds.
If you are using the Healthways Financials for the Week 10/11 assignment, I made this to show where you should (or might) have some calculations (highlighted in blue). If you placed the calculations differently, that is okay as long as you have all the needed calculations. I added Percentage change and provide directions on how to do this below. This % change is optional, but something I think you should be able to do in the future. The blue text box “Interpretation/Analyses” is provided for some things you should address in your narrative analysis.
Calculate the difference between the years: = 2017 – 2018. To calculate a % see below.
To calculate the percentage decrease:
First: work out the difference (decrease) between the two numbers, you are comparing.
Decrease = Original Number – New Number
Then: divide the decrease by the original number and multiply the answer by 100.
% Decrease = Decrease ÷ Original Number × 100
If your answer is a negative number then this is a percentage increase.
TWO MAIN POINTS:
1. You will submit two files (attach both before submitting the assignment).
1. Part 1is an Excel Worksheet showing your data analyses. Place this on:
1. Healthcare Budget Request workbook that you created in the previous Assignment; place it on the “A6 Financial Statement Analysis” worksheet.
2. Place Part 2 and 3 on the Word TEMPLATE that you have been placing your written analyses on for each assignment.
1. *Please note that the heading for the Week 10/11 is Final Healthcare Budget Request
2. You will paste each of the slides you prepare with your summary/elevator speech. While you will not be showing a PPT on an elevator, the idea is to help you visualize and be prepared should you be given a few minutes in a meeting to present the highlights of your project. Slides should be bullet points with the narrative written below each slide like speaker notes.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.