Biology Assignment Task
Each chapter of your textbook has four features: ”Technology Connection”, “Scientist Spotlight”, “Life Application”, and “How do We Know?” You cannot use the “Scientist Spotlight”. The pages for each of the features are found on the first or second page of the chapter. Select a feature to read in depth. Identify the topic/question/hypothesis of the feature. Also identify the evidence given in support of the question. Find a scholarly article that answers the same question or addresses the same hypothesis.
Choosing a Feature from a Chapter:
1. Choose a chapter and one of the features.
2. Identify the topic of the feature.
3. Identify the main topic/question/hypothesis of the feature.
4. What conclusion does the feature come up with?
Choosing an Article from an outside source:
1. Find a related article from another source.
i. Acceptable places to choose an article from:
1. New York Times, Times Magazine, TED talks, Natural History Museum, National Geographic, an article from a science journal (Science, Nature, Urban Geography, etc.), Academic Search Complete ( from the LAGCC Library Media Resource Center), etc. or use the link below (LAGCC Library) http://web.b.ebscohost.com/ehost/search/basic?vid=1&sid=4499f656-7e2e-4a96-a611-ff750b7514a9%40sessionmgr102
2. How does the article relate to the main topic of the feature OR how does it answer the question of the feature?
3. Write a short summary of the article
4. What evidence is given in the article?
5. What is the conclusion of the article?
Important aspects of your essay.
1. Frame the Issue
a. What is your question/hypothesis?
b. What type of information would readers need to understand to understand your question and this paper? Give the information.
2. Evidence Gathering
a. Summarize the feature and the article
b. Identify the evidence in both the feature and article
c. Are their any similarities or differences in the presented evidence?
a. What is the answer to your question or the analysis of your hypothesis given the evidence from both sources.
a. What are your conclusions based on your analysis of the evidence and what you have learned in class?
b. Are there any implications or limitations of your conclusions?
c. How do the conclusions apply to your everyday life?
5. Using the feature and the article:
a. How does this topic or question apply to your everyday life?
b. Are there any problems with the evidence given in the feature or the article?
c. What conclusions can you make about the topic or question now that you have learned about it in class and read the feature and the article?
1. Provide a hard copy of your chosen article. Staple the article to the back of your essay.
2. 2-3 pages. No more than 3 pages. (this does not include the Bibliography page)
a. Times New Roman
b. 12 Font
c. Double Spaced
3. While writing remember to:
a. make sure that your essay is well organized
b. support your statements by evidence
c. cite when appropriate
d. adhere to rules of grammar and spelling
4. Create a Bibliography Page. You should have two citations in APA format. One from the textbook and the other from your article you found.
i. Tavernise, S. (2013, November 7). F.D.A. Ruling Would All but Eliminate Trans Fats. The New York Times. Retrieved April 25, 2014, from http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/health/fda-trans-fats.html?_r=0
b. Resources to help you create a correct bibliography:
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies