Brief paper incorporating documentary and articles
Question: This NETFLIX documentary has been acclaimed for its approachable and critical analysis of the 13th Amendment. The documentary, however, like the book The New Jim Crow, has been critiqued for having a limited outlook on incarceration. Thinking critically, how could the documentary be stronger, if the works by Berg & Lesi (2006) and Forman (2012) were utilized?
• Note: The documentary is highly influenced by the book The New Jim Crow. Michelle Alexander, author of The New Jim Crow, is a significant contributor in the movie.
Movie Trailer for 13th: [https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5895028/]
Berg, M. T., & DeLisi, M. (2006). The correctional melting pot: Race, ethnicity,
citizenship, and prison violence. Journal of Criminal Justice, 34(6), 631-642.
Forman Jr, J. (2012). Racial critiques of mass incarceration: Beyond the new Jim
Crow. NYUL Rev., 87, 21.
***These articles are posted in the “13th Paper” folder, in the folder labeled “Articles”.***
In your response:
• Ensure the use of specific examples from the movie.
• Ensure the articles are properly applied in your analysis. That is, ensure the use of key elements of each article are utilized. Simply using quotes and adding a sentence or two thereafter will NOT suffice. Utilize, for example, major themes, findings, conclusions, policies, etc. – is important when integrating scholarly works
• Each article MUST have its own paragraph dedicated in your paper. Specifically, when utilizing publications, there MUST be a substantive paragraph that fully explains your linkage to the article and documentary. In short, analysis and reflections MUST provide deep and cogent analysis.
• Ensure that you have a strong introduction and conclusion in your paper. Being able to set-up and wrap-up your position in a written format is important with academic writing.
• Use quotations sparingly. The over-use of quotations is likely to detract from one’s analysis, which would result in a grade reduction.
• REVIEW the rubric prior to submission. The rubric for this assessment is located via the “Paper Submission” link. Look for the “View Rubric” tab.
Citations, Formatting and Length of Paper
• A bibliography is not needed when using the assigned articles or any publication from the course. When citing course readings, simply put the last name of the author(s) and the page number you are referring to, at the end of the corresponding sentence; for example, (Berg & DeLesi, p. 640). However, if you are accessing readings from outside of the course, you MUST include a full APA citation and corresponding bibliography in your response.
• There’s no need to use formal citations for the documentary.
• Ensure a cover-page is included. For materials outside of the course, a bibliography MUST be included.
• In-text citation are required. The lacking or failure to in-text cite will result in a zero for a grade.
• Ensure the entire paper is in 12 point, Times Roman font
• The response MUST be at least 500 words, which does not include quotes, citations, cover-page and bibliography. To be clear, if a submission has 499 words, for example, a zero will be the grade (Yes, I will do a word count.).
• Ensure your paper is submitted in a readable format (i.e. Microsoft WORD or PDF). If the paper cannot be read, it will receive a zero for a grade.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies