Dear Allywritershark, here are some helpful instructions about this assignment:
1. I am studying this semester this course: Advanced Quantitative Research Methods and I need you to help me with this course.
2. In this course, we will apply what we have learned in the two statistics classes that you have helped me last semesters.
3. Specifically, we will do secondary analysis using a dataset of my choice.
4. This assignment is: start to explore datasets so that you can have a dataset ready sooner than later.
5. I need you to choose, explore, and locate a Dataset of your choice and provide it to me.
6. Please, choose and locate a Dataset on Intimate Partner Violence Against Married Women With Disabilities in Saudi Arabia , but if you do not find a Dataset in Saudi Arabia, no problem if you can bring a Dataset in America.
7. For now, I just need you to start choosing, exploring, and locating a Dataset on Intimate Partner Violence Against Married Women with Disabilities in Saudi Arabia.
8. In another order, I will let you start formulating tentative research questions. Please, make sure that these research questions are related to a Dataset that you are going to choose and locate it. Both of the Dataset and the research questions are going to be about: Intimate Partner Violence Against Married Women with Disabilities in Saudi Arabia.
9. I have attached slides of PowerPoint. It has many significant information about this assignment.
10. I recommend you to find this book online:
Vartanian, T. P. (2011). Secondary data analysis. Oxford University Press.
Chapter 4: Secondary Datasets, page 23 in this textbook will give you many examples of secondary datasets. Also, this chapter explains several social work, social science, and related datasets, along with where and how to access them and their key characteristics.
11. The Professor has attached a document that lists examples of available datasets, and this can be a good starting point. In addition, many governmental agencies have datasets that are available to the public and/or researchers (e.g., https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/SurveyGroups.asp?Group=8).
12. Here are some Resources for Identifying a Dataset:
– National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN)
– Census Data
– List of datasets compiled by University of Michigan: Click Data for Social Work tab on the left.
– List of datasets compiled by Washington University
– List of datasets compiled by University of California, Berkeley
– List of datasets compiled by University of Massachusetts Medical School
13. Things to Consider when Selecting a Dataset:
Is the population appropriate for your research?
Does the dataset have the dependent variable of your interest?
Does the dataset have the independent variable(s)/control variable(s) of your interest?
Does the dataset have adequate identifiers for the target groups of your interest?
Does the dataset require special authorization to obtain?
Do you have the programming/analytic skills to use the dataset?
14. The deadline for this assignment on Monday February 1st at 12:00 Noon.
For more information on Choosing and Locating a Dataset read this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determining_the_number_of_clusters_in_a_data_set