Classical Sociological Theories – Critical Analysis
You can check the attached instructions and grading rubric.
Briefly summarise the course readings literature and offer a critical analysis of the theoretical perspective.
You are expected to have at least two external scholarly sources to support your discussion. Ideally, this
should be an ‘introduction’ to your research paper.
Below is a list of theories/scholars that would be ideal for you to start with as you explore potential classical sociological theories for your papers. Here are the potential theoretical frameworks & scholars to consider for Critical Analysis Paper & Research Paper:
– Liberalism/Social Liberalism (Locke/Smith/…)
– New Utilitarianism (J.S. Mill)
– Early Socialist Thought (French Positivism & German Idealism)
– Karl Marx (theories of alienation, value, capital, etc…)
– First-wave feminist theory (Addams, Gilman)
– Marxist feminist theory (Alexandra Kollontai)
– Emile Durkheim (anomie, functionalism, division of labour, …)
– Max Weber (class/status/party, bureaucracy, disenchantment, …)
– W.E.B. DuBois (double consciousness, anti-racism, …)
– Georg Simmel (micro-social relations, web of group association, …)
– Sigmund Freud & Edward Bernays
– Antonio Gramsci & the Frankfurt School
– Elite Theory (Vilfredo Pareto)
*I will upload the readings once I hire you.
Literature review (30 points)
Summary of selected reading; including biographical sketch of scholar and his/her theoretical perspective(s)
Include relevant aspects in relation to selected external sources
Critical analysis (50 points)
Critically review the theoretical perspective – include a discussion of the challenges presented with the theory as well as the opportunities for improving the framework
Supported arguments with at least two external scholarly sources
Organization, format & clarity (20 points)
Well-organized presentation of material
Clearly structured paper following APA format
Grammar, spelling and word usage
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies