For this important final project you must include the following:
1. The full name of the composer of each piece
2. The full title of each composition and the different movements if there are multiple movements
3. The name of each orchestra, the name of its conductor and the full names of any featured soloists.
4. If there are multiple movements you must address each individual movement and if possible the number and tempo marking for each movement. For most YouTube videos you can click on “more” underneath the video window to get complete information about the tempi and number of the different movements for multiple-movement pieces.
What did you hear from the standpoint of melody, harmony, rhythm, texture, volume, tempo, musical form, historical period, and orchestration?
I’m interested in reading how you express in your own words what you have heard and what you have observed while watching the concert videos.
I’m not at all interested in any historical and biographical information that you have looked up on the Internet. That would turn this project into a simple-minded high school book report.
Concert: (All three equal one concert)
Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 3 (Eroica)
2. Sergei Prokofiev- Piano Concerto No. 3, Martha Argerich, Piano
3. Modest Mussorgsky – Pictures at an Exhibition
address the different musical criteria that I have mentioned above: melody, harmony, rhythm, texture, volume, tempo, musical form, historical period, and orchestration.For more information on Concert Report read this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_music