MN 581 Midterm Alternative Assignment
Ms. Smith presents to your clinic with her 18 month old daughter. She states that Claire has been fussy for a few days now. She had a little cough and a sunny nose, but that seems to be getting better. Claire hasn’t been sleeping well at night and has been rubbing and pulling at her ears. Mrs. Smith states that she had a fever of 100.3 last night and gave her some Tylenol.
1. What do you need to include in your physical assessment of Claire?
2. What diagnostic tests would you order?
3. List 3 differential diagnosis for this case study.
4. What are the potential sequel of a pediatric patient with recurrent effusions?
5. If this child was diagnosed with cerumen impaction, what would be the course of action as a provider?
6. If you performed the Rinne test, what could the results indicate?
7. What are other considerations that are needed in caring for a pediatric patient in the Primary care setting?
8. Explain your non-pharmacological management of this patient.
9. List pharmacological management this patient.
10. What would you need to include in your patient/family teaching?For more information on Considerations Needed in Caring for a Pediatric Patient read :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pediatric_nursing