· Each student should select a topic on a contemporary management accounting process of his choice.
· Refer to the course outline to identify an appropriate topic/process. Examples of appropriate and relevant topics/processes: Total Quality Management, Inventory Management Strategy, Capital Budgeting, the Balanced Scorecard, Sustainability, Outsourcing, etc.
· Each student must submit their project report electronically to the instructor no later than the last day of classes. Details will be provided.
Report content (suggested)
The body of the report may include the following elements:
– Introduction (purpose and scope) – ½ page
– Topic/process overview – 2 pages
– Overview of a Company (that has implemented the process) – 2 pages
– Assessment of the process (analysis of the implementation requirements, operational benefits and drawbacks, future outlook, …) – 2 pages
– Conclusion (closure) – ½ page
· The report should contain references from at least seven recently published sources (academic articles, books, economic and business press releases).
Long report format (cover page, table of contents, body of the report,
· Body of the report (7 pages; double spaced, 12 font)
· Business report; ensure visual variety of the report content (headings, sub-headings, bullets, highlights)
Report grading criteria
20%: Communication skills (organization, presentation, tone, language, and flow)
60%: Content (depth of analysis, clarity of issues, relationship among concepts, integration of own ideas).
20%: Literature research (quality of research, integration in the report)
For more information on Cost and Management Accounting