PURPOSE & DESCRIPTION This paper is intended to rehearse the processes of critical analysis essential to all humanistic inquiry. These include careful, critical reading; evaluation of evidence; grappling with complexity and ambiguity; idea generation, development, and refinement; and expressing one’s findings in writing. Students will craft and then respond to a generative question derived from their reading of The Buried Giant. This inquiry should either a) explore an issue unaddressed in class, or b) conspicuously develop a prior line of thinking. Each paper therefore aims to enhance our shared understanding of the work and its potential meanings.
• 1000-1250 words, or 4-5 double spaced pages (include word count at the end)
• 12-point Times New Roman font.
• Margins no larger than 1.25 inches.
• In-text citation will suffice (author’s last name, page number for the first citation; page number alone thereafter). Please note: the citation is not part of the quotation, e.g. the excerpted text, but it is included within the sentence’s concluding punctuation. The proper format, therefore, looks “like this” (Ishiguro, 34).
• NO outside sources
AN A-LEVEL PAPER
DEMONSTRATES THE STUDENT’S ABILITY TO:
• generate a question relevant to our shared inquiry (the analysis of which can enhance our collective understanding of the text and its meanings), appropriate in scope, and capable of leading to an arguable thesis;
• support that thesis by reference to appropriate textual evidence;
• navigate potential counter-arguments, including evidence that may contradict or complicate the stated position;
• organize their argument in a clear, meaningful, and persuasive manner;
• synthesize feedback offered during peer-review;
• proofread, and thereby avoid basic grammatical and mechanical errors;
• meet all assignment requirements and deadlines
• identify new issues and/or questions raised by their findings
To arrive at a meaningful question and a purposeful essay, I encourage you to follow these steps:
• SELECT a topic that you want to write about.
• IDENTIFY a question that this selected topic raises for you. This question should focus on a particular element of the work that seems problematic, confusing, exciting, or suggestive. It’s okay if your question is rather broad or general at first—you’ll have time to revisit and hone it as you proceed.
• DRAFT a short, provisional response to your question.
• REVIEW the text and GATHER EVIDENCE pertaining to your question and provisional response.
• CONSIDER other aspects of story that might speak to this question and response.
• REVISIT & ASSESS your initial question and provisional response. How does the evidence correspond with your provisional response? Is there enough evidence to sustain a 4-5 page inquiry? Is there too much? What new questions or issues have arisen? Would it help to focus (or broaden) the parameters of your initial question? Does this analysis invite consideration of new issues or ideas as yet unaddressed in lecture or section?
• COMPOSE a focused paper that responds to a generative question and shows your reader why this question matters. This paper must present an arguable thesis supported by textual evidence that is carefully analyzed and persuasively interpreted.
A NOTE ON AUDIENCE
While you will not be asked to read this essay aloud, consider your classmates as the ideal “audience” for this particular essay: what do they need to know? What terms, concepts, phrases, or references will they understand—and which will need further explanation? How can you best convey your argument to them?
Why Choose Us
At Acme Writers, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Acme Writers, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
Acme Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Acme Writers maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, Acme Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: support@Acme Writers.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
Acme Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At Acme Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Acme Writers, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Acme Writers has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
Acme Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.