Description of Assessment Task and Purpose
The assessment for this module consists of a 3,000 word (+/- 10%) report to a Senior Project Manager within the student’s organisation.
The student will select an appropriate problem within the organisation which is affecting performance objectives. Through the application of appropriate project management and risk management methodologies, procedures and techniques, together with associated critical analysis, the report will develop and justify possible solutions.
The report will recommend ways in which the performance objectives could be achieved and cope with future requirements and challenges.
The purpose of this task is to assess students knowledge, understanding and application of project management theory.
Learning Outcomes Assessed:
LO1 Critically appraise the managing of projects in a modern business environment
LO2 Demonstrate understanding of project data, the relevance of project documentation and the construction of an effective project management culture to support a successful project strategy
LO3 Assess project resources, whether material, financial or human so as to achieve project objectives
LO4 Critically appraise the contribution of wider issues for managing projects in an organisational context, such as standards for quality management, and risk assessment, and improvement techniques such as team leadership review and audit
Knowledge & Skills Assessed:
Subject Specific Knowledge, Skills and Understanding:
• Project environment
• The impact of stakeholders
• The importance of project definition and its impact upon the success of the project
• Tools and techniques of project design in terms of time cost and quality
• Project control techniques
• Risk management in a project context
• Project learning and how knowledge is passed on from one project to the next
Professional Graduate Skills:
• independence and personal responsibility
• written communication
• critical thinking
• problem solving
• effective time management
• working under pressure to meet deadlines
• To be able to deploy a wider range of Project Management knowledge to align the business logistics functions with the strategy of the organisation to gain competitive advantage
• To deploy Project Management knowledge to seek improvements within the organisation
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies