Differences in business communication and general communication
1. This paper is on Exploring the differences between business communication and general communication.
find at least three quality sources for the topic chosen. Only one of the three sources can be a website. In each case, the main focus of your research should be the reliability of your information
Here are some ways to determine if a source is a “quality” source:
• As a general rule, our library databases provide quality information from scholarly journals, general interest publications, and newspapers. Begin with the databases suggested on the Business Research Guide at http://mc.libguides.com/business
Business Source Complete is a good place to start for business topics, while Academic Source Premier has good articles on more general topics. Remember, even if a source provides quality information, if it is not relevant to your topic, it is not a good source for you to use.
• A quality source would not be another student’s paper, but the original work.
• If the source is a website, check the URL to see where the information was generated. Here is a website to help you decide if the website is considered a quality source: http://mc.libguides.com/research/eval .
• Evaluate a website using the following step-by-step process to see if you should use it as a resource. The following questions should be asked about the site.
o Is there an author’s name or the name of the sponsoring organization?
o Is the date the site was last revised or updated provided?
o Does the site answer your question clearly and thoroughly?
o Stop! If you were not able to answer yes to EACH of the first three questions above, don’t use this website for your research. If you did answer yes, continue to determine its quality by looking at each of the following elements. Each one is important to consider but not essential. A usable website will have a few of the elements and the superior site will have nearly all of them.
Is the purpose of the site clearly stated or is the information within it biased or misleading? Does that compromise its usefulness?
Are the author’s credentials indicating their expertise provided?
Is there a comprehensive list of references that substantiate the information presented? (This would be the equivalent of a works cited page).
Is contact information for the author and/or organization given?
Are spelling and grammar correct?
Is the site well organized and easy to navigate?
Are all links at the site functional?
Are there few or no pages under construction?
• Not acceptable references: Anything older than 2005; any encyclopedia; any other textbook; advertising websites (don’t use information from a company trying to sell you something). DO NOT USE ADVERTISING WEBSITES OR ANY VAGUE “.COM” SITE!
• Your paper should effectively communicate your understanding of the topic and include your own analysis, summary, and synthesis of key ideas from sources. Do not submit a paper that is simply a patchwork of paraphrases and quotations from other sources, but write to demonstrate evidence of critical thinking. Therefore, your paper will need to be organized by major concept rather than a source-by-source summary.
• APA Format
• Your paper and lists of references must follow APA format as prescribed in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition. The most current edition of this manual is in the library.
• provide 5 pages of content
• The paper should be exactly 5 pages long, not including the APA title page and references page. Each participant is responsible for these two pieces. No abstract is required.
• Each student should submit their paper to Turnitin. Printout the Turnitin report and submit it with your paper. The report should indicate no more than 20% similarity.
• The research paper should follow the latest APA format.
• Your paper should effectively communicate your understanding of the topic and include an analysis, summary, and synthesis of key ideas from sources. Do not submit a paper that is simply a patchwork of paraphrases and quotations from other sources, but write to demonstrate evidence of critical thinking. Therefore, your paper will need to be organized by major concept rather than a source-by-source summary.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies