Using print sources is always a good place to start your research in order to build a good informational foundation. That is why we are starting with print sources in this class.
Choose a disease that you would like to learn about. You could choose a disease that you or a friend or family member has. You will be learning about this disease through the whole class, so be sure to choose something that interests you.
1. What disease did you choose?
2. Look up the disease in a medical dictionary. You may use any medical dictionary in any library, in Google Books ( https://books.google.com/), or even one that you have at home. If you wish, you may also look up the definition in one of our eBooks. You will have more options, plus more up to date books if you choose to use our eBooks. Read the lecture to see how to access the SCC ebooks.
If you use an ebook, you may notice that the subject heading for the book might be Medical/Dictionaries and Terminology. Books with this subject heading may not necessarily be a dictionary. Be sure to only use a dictionary.
Write the definition from the dictionary. Include the title and year of publication of the book. If the book you used came from a library, then also include the call number. If your book came from Google Books, tell me that and include the title, year of publication, and page number of the book you used. If you used an eBook, be sure to tell me that it is an eBook and include the title, year of publication, and page number of the eBook that you used. Warning: Be sure to only use print books, Google Books, or our ebooks. You are learning about print sources, not internet sources at this time. Be sure to tell me where you found this book.
3. Does the disease have any other names?
4. Now look up the disease in a medical book. You may choose a consumer health book, a nursing book, a medical textbook or a medical encyclopedia. Do not use another dictionary.
Write a more expanded description of the disease. You may put it in your own words if the description is too long. Include the title and year of publication of the book. If the book you used came from a library, then also include the call number. Again, only use print books, Google Books, or ebooks and tell me where you found this book. If using our ebooks, you might want to add Encyclopedia to your search to find books with expanded definitions.
5. What did you learn about this disease that you did not already know?
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies