English Prompts Writing
Choose three of the prompts below:
A: Why is Brave New World still relevant today? Consider how the World State assigns castes, the conditioning of the citizens, infantilization of the citizens, and constant sedation of citizens in order to maintain a sense of happiness. How can this be related to the world we currently live in?
B: Discuss the relationship between religion, science, and political power in the society that exists within “A Brave New World.” What do you think Huxley was trying to get his readers to consider in how he represents these major topics in the novel?
C: Mustapha Mond argues that the changes made to civilization to ensure the happiness of the masses was the right decision, but John “chooses unhappiness” instead. Is the complacency exhibited by the citizens the same as happiness? Should everyone have the right to be awarded the same choice as John? Are the controllers actions unethical, or are they justified?
D: What traits of humanity does John Savage represent in the novel? Or, what tragic irony can be found within John’s character, specifically in relation to Shakespeare?
E. If the assembly line were made by a woman instead of Ford, would she be given the same respect, reverence, and godlike appreciation as Henry Ford? In other words, what roles do women play in this world, and how are they treated?
F. Create your own prompt question and write an essay answering it. Make sure to review it with Megan before you start writing.
Criteria for Success:
* Have a succinct and sophisticated thesis statement. Make sure to include the significance of your argument within your thesis statement.
* Have a focused, well-organized argument that explores and supports your thesis.
* Have textual examples that illustrate your thesis and explain how the examples relate back to your claims. Don’t forget explanations to frame your evidence and connect back to your paragraph point and thesis.
* Do not summarize the plot or discuss the content of the novel; focus instead on following your support with specific discussion, comments and analysis; do not generalize; be specific.
* Use literary terms to refer to different aspects of the text when applicable.
* Utilize sources to further support your argument, if needed.
* Proofread, carefully checking for grammatical and surface errors. (Read your essay backwards)
* Minimum of fifteen complete pages, double-spaced, twelve-point font, MLA format.
* See rubric for details on how your essay will be assessed.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies