Function of CsIA gene in the physcomitrella patens. Localize it’s respective protein complex within organism.
Write a detailed response research paper to the prompt below. Be sure to cite all your sources. Use both end of text citation that is linked to a detailed reference section at the end of your paper. The last page of your exam should be your “Works Cited” page. The minimum number of pages for this exam is 5 and the maximum is 7. You are to use font size 11 and 1.5 line spacing. You will be submitting this exam to a “Turn It In” assignment post; therefore, you should either save your exam as a Microsoft Word or pdf file. Be sure that you check your Turn It In similarity score and review the the definition of a “similarity score” on the Turn It In website. A high similarity score indicates that your work is not unique or original and points will be ducted or not awarded for unoriginal work. Exceptions to a high similarity score are as follows: quoting data verbatim from an article and a properly cited source. *Note, that in scientific writings we rarely quote verbatim from an article, we (scientists) always paraphrase.
You find yourself working in a research lab that specializes in the identification, localization and functional analysis of known and unknown genes in plants. Your primary investigator wants you to characterize the function of the Mannan Synthase CslA, gene(s) in lower land plants and wants you to use the model organism, Physcomitrella patens. The CslA gene stands for “cellulose synthase-like A.” It has been putatively reported in the literature of higher land plants, that the CslA gene(s) is/are involved in the biosynthesis of a class of plant cell wall polysaccharides, mannan (beta 14 linked glucan chains). The CslA gene has been identified in this moss through genome sequence analysis, but it has yet to be reported if the moss’ CslA gene(s) really makes mannan. It has also been reported in higher plants, that the CslA protein complexes has been localized to the plasma membrane. The primary investigator has tasked you with finding out the function of this/these gene(s) in P. patens AND to also localize it’s respective protein complex within the organism. Detail how you would go about this task. For each molecular method that you use, be sure to explain how and why you used it and what results you anticipate from the method. In essence, you are making a case to potential research project funding agencies. These agencies want you to present a good argument before they fund your project. You must convince them that previous methodologies in this field will support your predictions and therefore they should fund you. This scenario is the reality of any research scientist, we have to convince people/agencies to give us money to fund our big ideas!
• Just like the introduction portion of research articles, provide a brief background on the moss and the gene of interest. Be sure to cite your sources.
• Organize your thoughts and provide an outline of your sequential experiments before you present them in your paper. You will be defending why you chose a specific set of experiments and how the results of those said experiments will segway you into the next experiment. You are not just reporting on one experiment but a culmination of experiments to help you solve the problem posted in this investigation.
• F.Y.I., the entire genome of this moss has been sequenced and in addition there are full length cDNA clones and public microarray data.
• Explain how the results from one experiment will help in the development and analysis of your next experiment (s), similarly stated in a point above.
• You can use results from actual experiments but be sure to properly cite them.
• You can provide drawings of processes or representations of the general structure of a gene. You are not limited to what you can draw but be sure that it labeled clearly and is accompanied with a figure number and description (similar to how figures are represented in journal articles). Figures, tables, pictures should take up no more space than a quarter of an entire page.
• Don’t describe the steps in a specific protocol. Describe the purpose of the protocol and what it can potentially tell us. Write a predicative statement that sets up the next set(s) of experiments.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies