Consider a product you own and use regularly today (smart phone, e-reader, power tool, etc.). With the rapid pace of technological change, you may ask yourself how this product will change in 5 or 10 years instead of whether it will change. It may be realistic to wonder if a ubiquitous product of today could be replaced and obsolete in that amount of time. Compare the pace of change to older products such as typewriters, which sold commercially for decades without experiencing much change at all until improvements in computers, word processors, and printers rendered typewriters nearly obsolete. Similarly, services such as milk or ice delivery may have been common at one point in time but no longer exist today. As companies examine their products and services, they need to anticipate the impact of product life cycles. Each stage of the product life cycle (introductory, growth, maturity, and decline) has its unique marketing needs, which require different promotional and pricing strategies.]
For this Assignment, you will apply concepts of the product life cycle, branding, pricing tactics, and distribution channel. Consider how products are improved in order to extend their product life cycle. What are some ways to make an existing product more appealing to consumers?
Consider the following scenario:
Generic Electronics is introducing a new electronic device with cutting-edge technology. The managers are expecting the product life cycle, from introduction to decline, will last about 3 years before this device is replaced by a newer version of the technology.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the scenario of Generic Electronics.
- Refer to the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses as you compose your Assignment.
By Day 7
Submit your responses to the following prompts.
- What type of brand message should Generic Electronics send to its potential customers? Explain your answer. (75 words, or 1 paragraph)
- How should Generic’s marketing managers adjust this device’s branding throughout the four stages of the product life cycle (PLC)? In your response, be sure to briefly describe each stage of the product life cycle. (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
- During the introductory stage of this device, which pricing strategy should Generic Electronics use? When the device hits the maturity stage, how should the pricing strategy be different? (75 words, or 1 paragraph)
- Which distribution channel should Generic Electronics use? The options are direct sales (i.e., business to consumer, or B2C) through the company’s eCommerce and mCommerce sites, or indirectly (i.e., business to business, or B2B) through other retailers such as Best Buy and Amazon. Discuss the pros and cons of these options. (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
- Why is it important for Generic Electronics to have an integrated marketing communication plan? (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
- How should Generic’s marketing managers ensure they are utilizing integrated marketing communication and are sending consistent messages throughout the different traditional and digital marketing channels? (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies