GUIDELINES FOR WRITING THE HISTORICAL BOOK REVIEW
The historical book review must contain the answers to the specific following questions. It must be in the format of a well-written essay, use a font of 10 or 12, be double-spaced between lines , use Spell and Grammar Check, and be 3 pages long.
INTRODUCTION: State the author’s thesis. Why did he/she write the book?
1. Identify the type of book (military, biography, autobiography, slave narrative, politics, etc) and its main subject.
2. 2. Describe the author’s support for the work. What sources did they use, what research did they do and where?
3. What are the main components of the author’s argument/thesis?
1.When was the book written, what is the date of publication?
2.Who is the author? What are his/her credentials? What is the author’s background?
3. What is the author’s theoretical perspective? Is it narrative or revisionist history?
1. How are historical events described? Chronologically or thematically?
2. How effective is the author’s use of the evidence (sources, primary and/or secondary)?
3. Does the author prove the thesis? Are you convinced by the author’s arguments?
1. How does the book relate to previous history? Is it new research or a new way of interpreting the sources, events?
2. How might the book affect future historical writing? Can the methods be used by other historians in other fields?
3. Who is the author’s audience? General public or other historians?
1. What is your impression of the book? Did you like it? Why or why not?
2. What was its affect on you? Would you recommend it to others? Why or why not?
YOU MUST CITE ANY MATERIAL USED FROM THE BOOK OR ANY OTHER SOURCE YOU USE IN YOUR PAPER. Any use of direct quotes or paraphrases must be cited in the paper. To answer the questions, you will need to cite the book. Use MLA method of citation. Include a Works Cited page that includes the author’s name, city of publication, publishing house, and the year of publication.
NOT CITING THE AUTHOR OR OTHER SOURCES IS PLAGARISM AND AUTOMATICALLY EARNS A ZERO GRADE FOR THE PAPER.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.