This assessment gives you the opportunity to step into the role of a professional reaching out to an underserved population.
Imagine you work at mental health clinic. To help encourage immigrants to seek psychological services, your employer has asked you to speak at a local meeting of immigrants. You are aware that new immigrants to the United States often view psychology and mental health services as purely Western concepts.
To prepare for this presentation, choose one of the following regions of the world you wish to focus on:
· Middle East.
· Central and South America.
Locate at least two scholarly articles through the Capella library.
In your presentation, do the following:
· Describe the cultural psychology of a selected group (include key figures, central concerns, and theoretical conflicts).
· Describe the historical development of the cultural psychology you chose.
· Compare it to developments in Western psychology.
· Contrast it to developments in Western psychology.
· Explain how modern psychology offers culturally similar perspectives for a recent immigrant from that culture.
Create a PowerPoint presentation to accompany your talk. Requirements include the following:
· Length: 5–7 slides, each slide containing 3–4 paragraphs of notes.
· Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· Resources and citations: Use a minimum of two scholarly sources. A maximum of one credible but non-scholarly source is acceptable in addition to the two scholarly sources. Format according to current APA guidelines.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point. For more information on History of Modern Systems of Psychology Check: https://psychology.wikia.org/wiki/Psychology