PHIL 1100: Ethics
In class, write an essay in which you criticize two or three ideas in any one of the excerpts from
the following found in the textbook or other assigned reading:
• The Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas
• On the Duty of civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
• Euthyphro by Plato
• The Book of Healing by Avicenna
• “The Neglected Duty” by Muhammad Al-Salam Faraj
Purposes of the Assignment: To provide students with an opportunity to
1. Criticize philosophical thinking.
2. Apply ethical concepts to the real world.
Approach to Constructing Body Paragraphs
1. From your selected writing, choose two or three quotes of reasonable length that express
philosophical ideas that are essential to his or her theory.
2. Write a topic sentence that indicates your critical response and introduces and includes
one of your chosen quotes. The sentence should include the author’s last name and
parenthetical documentation. Use one of the following words to indicate your critical
Page 2 of 3
d. doesn’t work
Here is an example of a strong topic sentence : Mill’s idea that “[it is better to be]
Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied” (1873/2005).
3. Develop your critical response to each idea through the use of (1) a specific example or
two and (2) thorough explanation of what your example(s) show (in terms of your
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for your other selected quote(s).
Introductory and Conclusion Paragraphs
• In your introductory paragraph, briefly describe your author’s theory (3-6 sentences),
and then state your central point, which will regard whether you think his ideas are
good ones. Your central point should also include a list that indicates the two topics that
you will address. Here is an example: Kant’s theory seems plausible; however, his ideas
regarding duty and ends seem problematic.
• In your conclusion paragraph, after you restate your central point in brief (one
sentence), state why your critique is important in the real world. Be sure to illustrate
your position using one real and specific example, and, in the last sentence or two,
explain how your example supports your position. This is where you can connect your
critique to the image or video that you posted in your introduction at the beginning of
Page 3 of 3
• “Criticize” means analyze for merits and/or faults.
• You must select one of the works listed at the beginning of these instructions. There is
no need to further read or research your chosen author.
• This assignment is not a personal essay, so you must organize and structure it exactly
as these instructions require.
• In order to earn an “A” or “B” level score, this essay must be at least 2 and ½ pages long
(double spaced). There is no maximum.
• Use the template provided under “Content.”
• Submit your paper in .doc .docx, or .pages format.
• Title your file as your first and last name so that it looks like this: westonjorde.docx
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.