Summary and Response about an Assigned Reading
Choose a selection from Units 1 or 3 (see the syllabus) that you enjoyed reading. You have several goals for the essay.
• To identify background information that helps the reader understand the work in its literary and historical context: author information, genre, literary devices, social/political/economic influences
• To briefly summarize or describe the work
• To identify why you like the work, using passages or descriptions
• To identify the author’s purpose and whether or not it achieves its purpose
• To evaluate how or if the work fits into our theme “A City on a Hill” that ensures equality and justice for all inhabitants
• To explain why you think the work still resonates with modern readers. Think about whether the work accomplishes the author’s purpose.
• 2.5-3 full typed pages
• 2 research sources for background information
o One should be a peer-edited article from a scholarly journal or book
o The other can be a source with background information
• In-text documentation and works cited in MLA8 form
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies