Questions for a research paper (if a student wishes to write on something else, pls let me know):
1. When Migration in Lebanon started on a large scale? What sense do you make of its fluctuations? What are its various stages and how do you interpret them? Are the reasons for migration still present and why?
2. Lebanese immigrants settled at different times in different countries. Choose one of these countries and examine the particular history of Lebanese settlement in it. What were the challenges Lebanese settlers faced and are still facing and why? (Examples can be drawn from West African countries, France, Germany, USA, Canada, Australia, Latin American countries, etc.)
3. Lebanese diaspora i.e. members of Lebanese migrants who are still connected with their homeland and are concerned about its wellbeing, engage in their home of origin in different shapes and forms. Discuss some of these engagements and show their characteristics and their impact on Lebanese society. Your answer should first define what a Diaspora is and then find out if it applies to Lebanese abroad and finally, you should discuss the types and impacts of the engagements of Lebanese abroad in their home of origin.
3. Discuss political engagements of Lebanese diaspora in their ‘home’ politics. The discussion could address local and national elections, voting abroad or through their return to Lebanon during election times to cast their vote or it could address non-voting political practices such as fund raising, founding political associations abroad and engaging in political activities in support of their mother party in Lebanon, lobbying, etc. …
4. Discuss the history and the present diasporic policy of the Lebanese state. Your discussion should not only refer to policies as such but also to actual practices and institutional arrangements designed for Lebanese diaspora. A general discussion about state diasporic policies and practices are abundantly discussed by Alan Gamlen (e.g. Comparing and theorizing state-diaspora relations, Alexandra Delano, Alan Gamlen, in Political Geography 41 (2014) 43-53)
5. People migrate and their identities migrate with them (be it national, ethnic, religious etc.). Discuss what happens to the identity of the Lebanese migrants when they leave their country and settle in another one: does it get transformed? If yes, to what extent and in what direction? Is it true to argue that the final product is a hyphenated identity (Australian-Lebanese for example)? And how would you explain and describe this emergent identity? Is identity dependent on generation only or is it also shaped by the settlement circumstances migrants face in the country of destination?
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies