Literary analysis essay
Expectation for Writing the Literary Analysis Essays
● Read directions (the prompt) carefully before you start
● Limit the introduction to three to four sentences and the conclusion to two to four sentences
● Use the present tense throughout when writing a literary analysis essay
● Avoid basic plot summary, that is, begin the paragraph with a specific issue that the rest of the paragraph builds and supports (see power point presentation on Writing Literary Analysis Essay posted on Blackboard)
● Watch out for “hanging quotes”
● Use block quotes for quotes of five or more lines
● Give quotes/paraphrases to support your claims, that is, the ideas mentioned in the thesis sentence
● Use the last name(s) of the character(s), not the first when referencing characters in your analysis
● Use transition words and/or phases between paragraphs and among the ideas in your sentences
● Use literary elements in the selection to drive the analysis, that is, do not refer to your personal experience – see power point presentation on Writing Literary Analysis Essay
Below is a list of moral issues that surfaced in the two selectins for essay one:
Moral Issues in “Invisible Man and “A Summer Tragedy”
Suicide/Mercy Killing (euthanasia)
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies