Some Suggestions for Writing a Good Paper:
1. Begin with a hypothesis. State the problem you will be analyzing in the form of an idea or argument that guides the structure of the paper.
2. Develop your hypothesis with several (from two to five) supporting points. One instance is insufficient to show a trend and therefore to support your argument.
3. Defend each point with citations from the book you are analyzing. Beware of creating, as one of my teachers said, a “lacework of quotes.” Be sure to use citations to back up your arguments, not as an end in themselves or to fill up the page.
4. Conclude your paper with a summary that shows how the evidence you have presented supports your hypothesis.
5. Use paragraph structure carefully. Make sure each paragraph is a cohesive unit with a clear beginning that states the point of the paragraph, and make sure that each paragraph follows smoothly from the previous one, often using a transitional word or phrase.
6. Rewrite and revise. Make sure that your hypothesis is clearly stated, that your supporting points defend your argument well, that your use of citations from the text is adequate without being excessive, and that your conclusion sums up the purpose of your paper. Your reader should be satisfied that you defended your argument logically, and that you accomplished what you set out to do at the beginning of the paper.
7. Avoid plot summaries. Your paper should be an analysis, not a book report. If you must summarize the events in a scene in order to defend your point, do so briefly. Make sure the reader understands why you are summarizing portions of the plot.
8. Be sure to give the page numbers of all supporting quotations in the following format (125). If there is more than one author, then provide the author name and page number in your citations, like this (Pushkin, 125). If you are working with a text or edition other than the one listed in the syllabus, footnote which edition you are using.
9. Be careful with grammar. Avoid incomplete sentences (fragments). Break up sentences that are too long.
10. Be careful with mechanics. Use punctuation marks properly. If in doubt, look it up!
11. Be careful with spelling. Use a spelling checker and/or a dictionary conscientiously.
12. Follow Strunk and White’s premise: “Omit needless words.” In general, Strunk and White’s The Elements of Style is an excellent resource. There are numerous copies in the library, and you should be able to find it online as well.
Some Notes on What Distinguishes A Papers from B Papers:
1. The hypothesis or main idea goes beyond points discussed frequently in class. The author has thought about the class discussions and come to his or her own conclusions. The analysis goes further than a class discussion could go.
2. The writer probes deeply. His or her analysis reflects careful reading, thorough examination of the text, and an awareness of subtleties and nuances in the text itself.
3. The writer chooses a sufficiently narrow topic, so that the analysis can be more thoroughly developed.
4. The argumentation is clear, solid, and adequate. Transitions are smooth.
5. The paper holds together as a cohesive whole.
6. There is no evidence of padding. Every sentence is there for a reason.
7. The paper is free of typos, and of all spelling, mechanical, and grammatical errors.
You Are Not Expected to Do the Following:Undergraduates are not expected to draw on secondary sources (literary criticism or biographical data, for example). Graduate students should consult with me about the use of secondary sources, as this course is primarily intended to analyze primary sources.If you do use any outside sources, however, be sure to cite them properly with footnotes (or endnotes) and a bibliography. See footnote 2 for guides to proper citation. You may use any established format for footnotes and bibliography, as long as you are consistent.
Some Suggestions about Writing:
1. Read carefully. Take notes on what you read. Write down the page numbers of excerpts from the text you find interesting or significant, so that you won’t have trouble finding them later. Otherwise, you will spend valuable writing time looking up page numbers.
2. Begin jotting down your ideas. Do not feel you need to begin with a strict outline. You can either begin by writing whatever is on your mind in free-flowing prose (freewriting) or making a cluster of related ideas, so that an outline can come out of that (mapping or clustering)
3. Then turn your initial jottings or “map” into an outline, so that you get a clear idea of the paper’s structure. Keep this outline in front of you as you write.
4. Do not feel you need to begin writing a draft from the beginning and in a linear fashion straight to the end. Make sure, however, that your opening paragraph, where you state your thesis, is in good shape, so that you know that your arguments are clearly supporting your main thesis.
5. Revise carefully. As most writing guides will tell you, good writing comes from revising. This takes time, so start early!
Papers must be typed in a 12-point standard font, with standard margins, and double-spaced.
Why Choose Us
At Acme Writers, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Acme Writers, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
Acme Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Acme Writers maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, Acme Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: support@Acme Writers.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
Acme Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At Acme Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Acme Writers, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Acme Writers has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
Acme Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.