Consider the following topics. In many U.S. communities, low-income populations use the emergency room instead of going to a physician or mid-level provider’s office. They often do not pay the bill for their service, which shifts the cost of their care to others, paying patients at the hospital.
This practice drives up the cost of health care, but what else can hospitals do?
They have to have a certain amount of income to keep their doors open. Is this fair?
What if these sick people remain untreated and infect others? Is this just?
Do they deserve care so that they don’t infect others? We talk about a culture of poverty in this country. What does this mean to you?
What about those people who seem to bilk or misuse the health care system? Do they deserve care? If so, who should pay for it? Shouldn’t everyone be forced to carry health insurance so that everyone has a pay source? Can we expect people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps?
· What does social justice mean to you?
· Is social justice the same as socialized medicine or even communism?
· The notion of social justice is fairness so that everyone can achieve a certain level of health and wellness. After all, the Constitution guarantees everyone the right to pursue happiness.
· Is the health care system fair?
· If you could wave a magic wand and fix the health care system, what is the first thing you would notice indicating that it had changed?
· Or, in your opinion, do you think it needs to be changed at all?
This should be a 5-paragraph (at least 550 words) response. Be sure to use evidence from the readings and include in-text citations. Utilize essay-level writing practice and skills, including the use of transitional material and organizational frames. Avoid quotes; paraphrase to incorporate evidence into your own writing. A reference list is required. Use the most current evidence (usually ≤ 5 years old).
Stanhope, M., & Lancaster, J. (2016). Public health nursing: Population-centered health care in the community (9th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
· Chapter 2, “History of Public Health and Public and Community Health Nursing” (pp. 22–43)
· Chapter 6, “Application of Ethics in the Community” (pp. 121–138)
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies