Maximal GXT Assignment
WATCH LECTURE VIDEO!!!
When submitting your assignment, please indicate you have data for Client #4.
Client Assessment: ECG Interpretation – p. 43, CR
________ Client Assessment: Summary Report – p. 44, CR
________ Graphs of GXT data with VT indicated – see examples in Exercise Programming Case Study (Sparty Spartan) and Data Interpretation Lecture
• Graph of HR (y axis) vs. VO2 (ml/min, x axis)
• Graph of RPE (y axis) vs. VO2 (ml/min, x axis)
• Graph of VCO2 (y axis) vs. VO2 (ml/min, x axis)
• Graph of VE (y axis) vs. VO2 (ml/min, x axis)
• Graph of VO2 and VCO2 (ml/min, y axis) vs. time (x axis)
________ Interpretation of GXT results – typed
• Identify indicators of maximal effort (C, bottom of p. 44)
• Referring to graphs and time down table, summarize responses (D, bottom of p. 44)
o Heart Rate
o Blood Pressure (Systolic & Diastolic)
• Discuss the physiology underlying these responses (D, bottom of p. 44)
• Indicate when ventilatory threshold occurred and your rationale for selecting that point (E, bottom of p. 44)
• Interpret VO2max (based on norms) (F, bottom of p. 44)
________ Assume that your client is interested in improving cardiorespiratory fitness. Using the GXT data, design a reasonable 4 week exercise program. Identify frequency, intensity, duration (time) and type of exercise. Calculate training heart rate using heart rate reserve.
Your program should demonstrate application of progressive overload. Provide a rationale for your program design. (Since you do not have additional information on your client’s specific goals, current exercise, or preferred activities, include in your rationale why you selected specific types of exercise [e.g., my client enjoys jogging]. If you completed a GXT in class and are using your data, you can provide more information about your goals, current exercise, and preferred activities.) Include a brief discussion of warm up and cool down activities.
Note: You have not assessed muscle strength & endurance, so do not program that type of exercise.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies