media and globalization
Thus far in the semester, we have discussed what it means to live in a pervasive media society
wherein most of us spend more time using media technologies than all other daily activities,
including work and sleep. As Lule describes in his (2012) text, media are used as tools for
economic, political, and cultural globalization. While some people believe that media have
helped to foster a global village by creating a more interconnected and interdependent world,
others believe media have actually enhanced conflict, miscommunication, and indifference.
The purpose of this writing assignment is to prompt you to reflect on your perceptions about the
relationship between media and globalization.
Answer the following questions in an essay format and use evidence from the texts and lectures
to support your ideas:
1. Describe the connection between the pervasive media environment and the global
2. Explain whether you believe McLuhan’s global village or Lule’s global village of Babel
better describes our world and why.
3. In support of your argument for either McLuhan’s vision or Lule’s vision, you’ll describe
how media influence economics, politics, and culture in ways that positively or negatively
affect the global village?
1. The paper should have a title and reference page formatted according to APA (6th
edition) style conventions.
2. The paper should be double-spaced with 12-point font.
3. The length of the paper should be ~ 2000 words (e.g., between 7 and 8 double-spaced
pages, excluding the title and references pages).
4. Your thesis statement, opening paragraph, and rough outline must be emailed to me on
Saturday March 21st.
5. The final draft of your paper should be BOTH submitted in person at the start of class on
Saturday, April 11th and submitted online on blackboard. I use the online plagiarism
checker that’s part of blackboard, but I also like to grade by hand. A 10% grade
deduction will be applied for each day the paper is late.
Suggestions for Writing the Analysis Paper
● A high-quality paper will have a strong organizational structure. This means, generally,
that the paper should have an introductory paragraph that contains a thesis statement
and a preview of the main points of the paper. You should work to carefully craft a
succinct, well-reasoned, and well-integrated response to the questions in this
assignment. The body of the paper, where you answer the key questions and apply the
course concepts/theories, will be clearly organized. The paper will also have a
concluding paragraph that summarizes the purpose of the paper and any important final
● To receive full credit, you will need to apply each theory/concept in detail and provide
● A high-quality paper will demonstrate a thoughtful analysis of the key questions and
provide a thorough synthesis of the course readings and lectures.
● A well-written paper will not have spelling, grammatical or typo errors.
● Although you do not need to use outside sources for this paper, you need to cite all
relevant sources (e.g., readings, lectures) using APA 6th edition style.
the assignment requires information from this book: Globalization and Media: Global Village of Babel by Jack Lule 3rd edition
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies