Medical Anthropology Assignments | Collage Homework Help
Please use the provided readings as sources
Part 1: Short answers to Keywords and Concepts (1 Page only)
Select 6 out of 10 of the following keywords and concepts in medical anthropology.
In short answers, (3-4 sentences), please provide:
Added Clarification: drawing on the readings but in your own words
A description and example illustrating the concept(s), drawing from the readings. Describe the significance of the concept to medical anthropology or medical/clinical practice
3) “Illness” vs. “disease” vs. “sickness”
4) “Local biologies”/ “biosocial differentiation”
6) “The body proper”
7) “The empiricist paradigm of language”
9) “The work of culture”
PART 2 (Three Pages):
Answer each question in 400-500 words.
1) Compare and contrast discussion of the function of belief in witchcraft and in western biomedicine. Describe and discuss 3 parallels and 3 differences between witchcraft and sorcery on the one hand, and biomedicine on the other. (Use the Evans-Pritchard and Byron Good article AND the Lock and Nguyen artifice)
2) Embodiment. Drawing on materials presented in class readings, discuss the concept of “embodiment.” Explain how this concept challenges dualistic ideas about the relationships between: a) mind/ body, b) individual/social, and c) subject/ object.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies