MGT6890 Written Assignment
Possible Points: 100
Select a company that you are interested and work on the industry that the company is mostly
1. Which company did you select and which industry is analyzed here? How important that
business segment in that industry is in your project company? Please conduct an
industry overview to include information including industry size, profitability and
2. What industry trends are apparent that might change this underlying structure and
profitability? (Industry Lifecycles)
3. How might foreseeable changes in the social, political, international, and
macroeconomic context impact the industry? (PESTLEs)
4. What are the underlying five forces, generic structure and profitability of the industry?
5. What are the goals, assumptions, strategies, and capabilities of the important existing
and potential competitors and complementors in the industry and their likely future
6. What are the critical requirements for future success (KSF)?
7. Given the analysis of the industry, competitors, and the broader context, what range of
strategic alternatives are available to companies in this industry
– Write 3-4 pages with word ranging from 800-1000 (excluding appendix).
– Name your submission: Last Name_ First Name_Industry Name.docx
– Written assignment should include four paragraphs and appendix.
– What is the company and the industry you analyzed?
– Identifiers: company name, industry name, industry SIC/NAICS code; Segment Name;
– Industry size;
– What are important firms in this industry?
– Industry concentration, high or low?
– Industry average profitability (average if three leading firms’ profitability);
– Is your firm’s profitability higher/lower than the industry average?
– Industry major products;
– Industry life cycle.
Second paragraph: summarize your findings from PESTLE analysis and propose appropriate
strategy for firms to response to environmental changes.
Third paragraph: summarize your findings from Five Forces analysis and discuss how the
analysis result is related to industry profitability.
– Overall, industry is attractive or not?
– Goals and assumptions for the industry;
– Key Successful Drivers;
– Strategies are being used by companies in the industry;
– Suggested future options for companies in the industry.
– PESTLE chart
– Five Forces chart
– Industry lifecycle chart
– Other additional charts or graphics.
Have you told a profit story of an industry in a compelling manner?
1. Company name, industry name, industry overview, industry life cycle, and industry
concentration, industry profitability. 15 points
2. Environmental analysis writing. 20 points.
3. Competitive analysis writing. 20 points.
4. Summary, outlook and suggestions. 15 points
5. Appendix and references: PESTLE chart, Five Forces chart, Industry lifecycles, and any
other analytic tools (i.e. strategic groups). 20 points
6. Written communication skills: 10 point
a. Clarity of the writing structure and organization;
b. Content development with key strategy concepts and examples.
c. Professional writing style with the target audience as business professionals.
d. Appropriate use of visual aids such as charts and tables as in the appendix.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies