Module title: Taxation
Description of Assessment Task and Purpose:
Part of the assessment for this module is a group assignment based on a group presentation. This assignment is meant to be an enjoyable as well as an academic activity which will introduce you to some aspects of the work of Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and seek to reflect your consideration of current issues related to the world of taxation. This presentation assessment allows you to carry out some independent research, evaluate it and report back, which supports the principle of Student as Producer. It also aims to develop many other transferable skills which are detailed on pages 4 and 5 of this module handbook.
Task 1 Group presentation Presentation topic: Environmental taxes in UK.
In your group identify a current issue in UK taxation. Use events surrounding this current issue as the basis for a 10 minute presentation.
No parameters are being set as to what you should cover within your presentation; actual content is your responsibility, however, things you might like to discuss in relation to your subject selection could include:
• Reasons for and history of the event
• Current situation and how existing legislation will change
• Impact on economy/taxpayer
• Comparison with other countries.
• Academic and verifiable content
Task 2 Individual reflection (check my group presentation)
You are asked to write a 1,000 word reflection which should consider 2 things:
1. Your contribution to the work of the group and whether it was sufficient. (250 words)
2. What you have learnt with respect to the content of the presentation and how you might develop this learning if your presentation topic was to form the basis of a longer written assignment. For example you could consider; what themes or ideas could be researched further, what resources you could utilise and why would these be appropriate. (750 words)
Individual reflection (40%)
The reflection is evaluated in accordance with general rules of academic writing.
Marks for this will be awarded in accordance with the following criteria:
Knowledge of subject
Appropriate examples 40%
Use of references
Development of ideas
Evidence of wider reading 25%
Written English, spelling length, format, layout 5%
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies