Movie Musing Instructions
I don’t expect you to be a film critic, but I do want to see that you’ve thought deeply about the
movie you watched. Answer the questions I’ve provide below. I’m looking for thoughtful and
creative responses. I’m not looking for a scene-by-scene description of the movie. Focus on
form, style, and meaning of your movie. Most importantly, Have fun with this assignment!
Shared what moved you, what upset you, and what you talked about afterwards with your
Part I – The Magic of the Movie (1 page minimum)
1. Describe (briefly) the plot of your movie – What’s the setting? Who are the main
characters? What was the challenge and how was it resolved? Don’t tell me every single
detail! Just the main points.
2. Describe the magic of your movie – How did the film immerse you in its world? Did it
sustain your belief in the world and reality it created?
3. How would you describe the form, content, and style of your movie? Were any obvious
techniques used (use of colors, camera, sound, patterns) to create the look and feel of
your movie? What made the movie you watched unique?
Part II – What’s the Movie Really About? (1 page minimum)
1. What was the explicit meaning of your movie? Meaning, what did it communicate
directly? This would be the surface level meaning of the film. (Note: this should be
2. What was the implicit meaning of your movie? That is, what theme (or themes) did it
express? At a deeper level (beyond what you can see) what is the film trying to tell you
about human relationships, emotions, challenges and mistakes, hope, redemption, etc.
3. Finally, tell me about the interpretative meaning of the film. What values did it convey
about life, the human condition, and even failure? How did it portray faith and the power
of belief? Did your movie inspire you, give you hope, or caused you to reevaluate
something about your life?
4. Do you think the movie’s values and message were Christian, Biblical, or religious? —
movie discussion question can be answer at at the end of the reference page
1. What movie did you watch? – should be obvious
2. What did you like about your movie? What did you dislike? – again, shouldn’t be too hard
3. How did the movie move you, caused you to think, confused or shocked you? – be honest
4. How did it confirm, challenge, or change your faith or religious beliefs. D it makes you think about religion, faith, or reality in a different way? – probably the hardest question but give it your best shot!
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Get free features with our reliable essay writing service
We offer you a free title page tailored according to the specifics of your particular style.
Include your preferred formatting style when you order from us to accompany your paper.
Get a list of references to go with your ordered paper.
24/7 support assistance
Reach out to our support agents anytime for free assistance.
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies